Roding Valley Half Marathon

who's going?

6 messages
01/01/2013 at 21:30

Recently entered with just under 9 weeks to go.

Will be my first HM, and as its local to me, i probably do some recceing before hand to look at the 'underlation'.

I am aiming for the 2 hour or so range, so who's going and if anyone has done it before  - any tips?

thanks.

02/01/2013 at 12:47

actually at present 251 ppl have pre registered

only 1249 until the limit

02/01/2013 at 23:18

I supported a mate there last year, worth checking out the "undulation" as it goes on for a while, but nicely balanced by downhill afterwards - don't forget it's 2 laps

03/01/2013 at 01:39
A_Smith runs wrote (see)

I supported a mate there last year, worth checking out the "undulation" as it goes on for a while, but nicely balanced by downhill afterwards - don't forget it's 2 laps

3 laps. 1 small one at the start then the 2 big ones

think I'll go out and practice buckhurst hill beforehand as this broke me last year on laps 2 and 3

17/01/2013 at 11:36
gatters wrote (see)

think I'll go out and practice buckhurst hill beforehand as this broke me last year on laps 2 and 3

I didn't think the route took in all the big climb in Buckhurst Hill (Palmerston Road) thought it did a left a little way up the hill then headed towards Woodford Station?

17/01/2013 at 12:57

yeah, it does take a left part way up. it was the short bit at the bottom that broke me though, not really sure why but it got me both times

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.