Rome Marathon 2011

1 to 20 of 243 messages
12/06/2010 at 23:50
Anyone headed to Rome??  Registration is now open, this will be my first trip to Italy and so excited.  I've registered & submitted my health form.   SO I'm just patiently waiting, seems like a slow process.
Edited: 12/06/2010 at 23:51
14/06/2010 at 10:35

Hi, 

A friend and I have both signed up (2nd ever marathon), but we're having trouble paying. The credit card /visa payment  were denied so I wanted to try the Bank transfer, despite the fees. However my bank managed to stump me with one question, the name of the account I'm paying into. I can't see what part of the T&C instructions is the account name. I'm guessing its the L.go Franchellucci Roma?? If anyone could shed any light, that would be really helpful.

Bank transfer, (bank charges are on the payer), to:
Atielle Roma srl c/o Banca Popolare di Milano Ag.257
L.go Franchellucci Roma
IBAN CODE: IT82G0558403206000000011690
SWIFT CODE: BPM IITM1257

Thanks

Edited: 14/06/2010 at 12:56
15/06/2010 at 14:13

My first transation with my card was denied as well but I tried again which worked.  I'm in the USA and wasn't sure it would work however make sure the name is exact on the card, for me I left out the middle initial which usually doesn't matter for this it did.  I would definitely send off an email if your unsure about the bank transfer, you dont want to pay the wrong person.  Just don't expect a swift response    

I just uploaded my health form again last night so we'll see.  Orig I had sent the wrong one (2009) which I got off their site so I sent the correct one they emailed 2x now. 

Edited: 15/06/2010 at 14:14
15/06/2010 at 14:29

Thanks for the info Anthony. I will give the card another go then. I've emailed them twice now and still no response. I managed to get the Transfer details translated by an italian friend over the internet and he said that it doesn't contain the account name. 

These things are never simple. I'll keep an eye out for the health form, as I suspect I may have the wrong one too.

Nathan

Edited: 15/06/2010 at 14:35
15/06/2010 at 14:50
Hey Nathan, the correct health form has a "document ID N" space on it for your passport #.  That was the only difference I saw from the one I submitted orig and the one they emailed me.
21/06/2010 at 20:06

Thanks again, yes I did have the wrong one (as did my friend!). Have the correct one now and seem to have successfully paid.  Just the health form to upload,  flights and hotel .....oh yes and the months and months of training.

22/06/2010 at 17:38

Congrats on successful payment, let me know when/if your health form is received.  I've uploaded mine again a few days ago, still waiting...

I booked a great B&B 2 blocks from the Colosseum.  I'm glad to be staying so close to the start/finish with a 9am start time which means extra sleep!

27/06/2010 at 21:12
Damn sure I contributed to a Rome thread a week or so ago and it's disappeared. Never mind, I'll be hoping to get in for this one too, but I'll be leaving my entry application until November.
14/07/2010 at 05:27

All my forms are NOW uploaded and I got my email confirmation, just waiting on the bib assignment now. 

Anyone else headed to Rome?? 

14/07/2010 at 14:26

hi guys,

am heading to rome for my 2nd marathon and first trip to rome, have uploaded information but not heard anything from them awaiting bib number. has anyone else heard from them? emailed them twice with no reply. i have got my email confirmation and have paid with my credit card with no problems,

Whats the name of the B&B you have booked near the coloseum??

Happy days!!!

14/07/2010 at 15:00

Hey Pete, I'm still waiting for the confirmation letter myself even thou its been a week since I got the email saying my reg is complete.  I'm sure it'll take a bit more time, after all I've been working on this 5 weeks now.      I'm sure it's worth every hassle though and can't wait to get to Rome for my first time.

I've booked a room at Nicolas Inn,  http://www.nicolasinn.com/en

14/07/2010 at 16:37

Hi Andy,

so its taking you 5 weeks to get an email for reg is complete, cheers matey another four weeks to go then LOL!!! certainly will be worth the hassle am really looking forward to it will be amazing.

ive booked flights already and now need asome where to stay will be looking tonight

cheers

26/07/2010 at 01:05
I'm officially in, got my confirmation & bib# today!!   
26/07/2010 at 15:38
me to buddy just got my confirmation and bib number today    yipeeeee
12/10/2010 at 20:38
I'm trying to enter the Rome Marathon but the website freezes when I click yes on previous Marathon details. Anyone else having this Problem?
15/10/2010 at 18:18
Hi all, we're trying to put in for the marathon but struggling a bit. Do we fax off the health form and application form together then they contact us for payment? We tried to register online but it seems a bit haphazard. When google translated the website the options for gender were 'evil' and 'evil'! Hmmm.... one maybe but not both surely! Also our doctor is being a bit of a *&&% and is dragging his feet over signing the health form - any advice?? Really want this one, so any info you got is good
19/10/2010 at 08:31
Hi,  I was just wondering how much the Doctors charged for signing your health form?
19/10/2010 at 08:51
He hasn't signed it yet but was looking at £102 for a private consulation. Needless to say we are going to try another route...
19/10/2010 at 12:24

My Doctor has advised me the charge will be £88 so was wondering if this was right?!  Thanks for your reply.

19/10/2010 at 19:35
My doctor charged £40 last year, then dropped the charge when i told him i was doing it for charity
1 to 20 of 243 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.