Ronhill Surrey Classic 10K (race 3 of 3)

Sunday 21st December

61 to 62 of 62 messages
22/12/2003 at 13:58
FYI The Results for both yesterday's race and the series overall are up on the web...

http://www.runningwithdavid.com/5330.html

What with a strong cold wind, having been out late the night before plus having to cycle 6 miles to the race as the better half wanted the car, I felt sure I'd flop in this one...instead set a new PB by over a minute...

I had doubts over the distance but another racer with a GPS Timex Bodylink thingy made it 10.01 KM so I guess it must be okay. Did anyone else think it was a fast (or short?) course.

This was my first race after joining the local running club, and I think the combination of the discipline of good quality regular weekly runs (better than I would do on my own anyhow) plus running the race with a fellow club runner has paid dividends...still can't belief such a big reduction in my PB...

Pegs
Trogs    pirate
23/12/2003 at 00:10
Well done Pegs. I've heard reports about the course being short by 200m or so but measured it as 6.2miles using Trailgauge so it's 10k in my book.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 62 of 62 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.