Rotary Club of Kenilworth Two Castles 10K

21 to 29 of 29 messages
10/06/2012 at 17:36

Well done on your time too, JMC

Darryll - you're right.  Lots of people start way too far forward - I just about got my start position right today ... first time in 4 years, mind! 

Kevin - well done nontheless.  I do think it's quite an energy-sapping course.  Very little recovery time in between the harder sections.  

10/06/2012 at 17:48

yes that 3-8k period, there was never really a chance to recover and open the legs up, just as you got on top pof breathing antother incline was there.

10/06/2012 at 18:00

Well Done on the PB Elgm.Lovely to get a PB !! Sounds like your ITB is better !!!

Doing well thanks. Off on a weeks holiday to St Agnes ( cornwall next week ) and then back in time for training for Abingdon marathon !! Plenty of wine to day as getting into holiday spirit early

10/06/2012 at 18:42
Well done JMC. Hot, wasn't it?!

I think there has been more in the goody bags in previous years. We were talking about this afterwards and wondered of there'd been a bit of cutting back to keep the price down. Roads are fully closed these days, so guess it must be quite pricey to organise.
10/06/2012 at 18:47
Sorry for these random double posts. Erk!
10/06/2012 at 19:04
AGF - enjoy! Was your time a PB too?
Was in St Agnes shortly after VLM, camping with friends. Horrendous weather, lovely place!
ITB thankfully long- since forgotten. Though to be fair, I've barely broken 25 miles a week since April!
10/06/2012 at 20:48
Great minds think alike. Hopefully the weather will improve
Don't blame you on the mileage, sometimes the body needs a rest... You'll be fresh for the next campaign!!

Yes a 2 min pb compared to last year. Think I have more in me though ...
10/06/2012 at 21:02

ITB is a killer, ran Cov Half a couple of weeks after the doc diagnosed it last year - stopped half-way to get knee bandaged and walked the last 3 miles in agony before sprinting the last quarter mile, collapsed over the line and had three visitors, one with a medal, one  with water and one taking me over to the first aid tent. I could barely walk for 3 days afterwards.

That said, I took a few weeks off and started running slow flat 5k training runs, up to slow 10 miles by Xmas and shot over 30 minutes off my time at Reading after 3 months of speedwork and longer runs.

I used to visit the doc once a decade, it's more like twice a year since I took up running, must cut this down.

Edited: 10/06/2012 at 21:05
10/06/2012 at 22:04

set my 10k PB despite the hills and heat, but ive not raced a 10k in over a year so i'd have been shocked if i never, knocked 7 mins off my previous time. 

i agree with the run in, the last km was like running at a major city marathon, great support from the local community, 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.