Rotary Shakespeare HALF MARATHON

21 to 32 of 32 messages
14/02/2011 at 11:49

Half marathon lot easier than 140mile bike ride across the south downs I think !!!!!

06/03/2011 at 20:07
am starting to feel very special
there are 3 threads looking for places and i have had one personal offer for my place

i entered in december
it always fills fast
06/03/2011 at 22:51
What kind of personal offer was it?
07/03/2011 at 20:14
What sort of blog is this ??? lol.
07/05/2011 at 10:41

I've only just looked at the course route (had just assumed that it was the same as it's always been), but have noticed the start isn't on Waterside, but is actually on high street/chapel st with a different loop around the town (past Shakespeares Birthplace).

I missed last years race (was running london instead), so is this course change new for this year? or was it like this last year as well?

07/05/2011 at 18:39

Hi Richard

The course change was made last year when the building work around the theatre and Waterside was ongoing. I don't know why it hasn't switched back. The new loop is fine although the congestion around the area at the bottom of Henley Street (I think) was pretty bad last year. Of course you will be a lot closer to the start than me so maybe that won't affect you .

Good luck for tomorrow everyone and may it stay dry for us!

08/05/2011 at 19:10
So how did everyone do? I was very happy with my 1:39 as I'm not really putting the training mileage in and it showed from about mile 10. Only 3rd time I've broken 1:40 so very pleased.
09/05/2011 at 09:14
Did anyone else think they were faster that their official time? Im sure it said 1.42 on my watch as i crossed the line, but when i saw my time on the notice board at the end it said 1.44. Its a PB either way, so im not too fussy, but 2 mins is a fair bit of difference. I suppose if id actually stopped my watch as i went over the line, that would have been helpful, but i was very tired and pressing small buttons with tired fingers can be tricky.
09/05/2011 at 11:46
Andy, you probably saw  the GUN TIME which, depending on how far back you started, may be quite different to your chip time. My chip time in the results was spot on my watch time.
09/05/2011 at 13:44
Excellent point Mr Owl. I'll await the proper results with eager antici......................pation
09/05/2011 at 14:10

You can get the results from http://www.chipresults.co.uk/

Owl

09/05/2011 at 18:20

Couldn't have gone much better for me... no PB but over the moon with my 1:13:05 result.

Photos were up quite a bit earlier on today on marathonphotos/fotos - makes a nice change (shame they still cost a fortune though!)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.