Rotary Shakespeare Marathon 2007

What's the score with this un?

1,281 to 1,283 of 1,283 messages
02/05/2007 at 08:06
Runner-Bean I felt really good in the last 5 miles for some strange reason!
Well done on your time. My legs feel good but I have a small problem with my right ankle from pushing too hard in the last few miles.
02/05/2007 at 09:28
I have one photo where I'm not pulling too stupid a face. I assume my face was in transition from one grimace to another. I also seem to have one where I have miraculously transformed into someone else entirely. Bib# 2472. Very odd.
13/05/2007 at 13:14
This was my first marathon ever. The organisation is excellent and support around the course is good, although mostly on the first lap.

There is one nasty hill and steep decent that really hurts the 2nd lap.

The worst bit is the off-road gravel footpath on the disused railtrack. Maybe it's my technique but I had the impression that I was treading water on it. At the end of the first lap, the 2 miles on the footpath were almost 1 minute slower per mile than the first 3 miles of the second lap (on tarmac).

It's worse in the second lap, because you have almost 5 miles on that surface (and you're knackered :-))

Not good for a PB, I guess...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,281 to 1,283 of 1,283 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.