Rotary Shakespeare Marathon

Gulp !

341 to 351 of 351 messages
TZ
22/05/2012 at 15:16

Haha! Did we mention the medal enough yet?

22/05/2012 at 15:52
My medal vault is preparing itself.
22/05/2012 at 23:54

lol funny Ringo 100, do u remember me biking past you and saying well done , I asked someone how many marathons they had done too, not sure if that was you or not?

23/05/2012 at 09:32
Most likely me to be honest the fish on the bike from the Guinness ad could have gone past I was high on Kendal mint cake. Suffering from doms today despite my brave minute in the ice machine god that was cold. Looking forward to the mountainous cyclopark
01/01/2013 at 14:44

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Stratford-on-Avon where I can stay the night before the marathon? Somewhere that is popular with runners, and the staff take an interest in the event, and we all get an early breakfast in the morning and get on our way quickly.

02/01/2013 at 10:21

You could try the Church St Townhouse. I haven't stayed there but they are right on the start and the staff are lovely whenever I have spoke to them. They must take an interest in the race because it is literally on their doorstep.

02/01/2013 at 10:21

...plus independently run so I am sure they will felx their service to suit the guest, just ask.

02/01/2013 at 10:52

Thanks Orlando, but I found the Church St. Townhouse is fully booked on the night before the marathon, and the cheapest room, if available, would be £110. Everything is expensive in Stratford town centre, because of the theatre culture.

02/01/2013 at 11:27

Drat - Stratford is expensive - so touristy. Tried the Arden Hotel? Leamington and Warwick aren't that far away but it would mean a cab ride. Or you could try some of the villages close to Stratford that have B and B/ pubs with rooms. e.g. snitterfield, the bell at welford (though they are on the race route and I am not sure if they have rooms). Hope you find somewhere.

02/01/2013 at 12:16

The Arden is opposite the theatre and it's expensive. There are lots of cheaper hotels out of town, I guess I'll have to go for one of them. At some events I've been to, like for example the Grizzly at Seaton, Devon, the organisers produce a list of recommended hotels. They are all quite cheap, you just pick the nearest one that has a room available and you find there are lots of runners at the same hotel. It all goes like clockwork in the morning, with early breakfast for everyone. Nothing like that at Stratford, I think they could do better.

02/01/2013 at 12:25
Try ringing the tourist information office in Stratford ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
341 to 351 of 351 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.