Rotterdam 2006

Sunday 9th April 2006

48,841 to 48,860 of 50,496 messages
18/12/2012 at 21:06

Evening

Went to Stansted last night - no more trip stil next year then I will be back in Bournemouth again

They deliberately chose to over-ride the team category for this year - there is not going to be another olympics like that in our lifetime

18/12/2012 at 21:08
Evening

8.6 miles tempo tonight.
19/12/2012 at 21:42

Evening. Theatre for the Nutcracker last night. First time I've ever seen a ballet dancer fall over! Good other than that thought.

12 hour work day, and pouring rain so no exercise. Throat still struggling. One more day of work before we're off to the cottage...

20/12/2012 at 17:36

A day for polishing the Ark again today.

6 miler done on the dry treadie, closing in on the 2012 2012 mileage target. 15 to go and a marathon on Sunday should crack that with a bit to spare

20/12/2012 at 21:39

Well done on more miles.

I'm glad you're doing some, 12 hour work day here, horrible weather, no exercise. Its getting a bit monotonus (sp?? tried that lot of ways, none look right!!)

Was meant to be heading off to a cottage first thing in the morning , but now I'm covering 7.30 am class due to staff sickness

After that we're off on to escape the madness for a week

21/12/2012 at 03:50

I'm bored. I can't sleep as I have an extremely irritating cough, which is stopping me getting to sleep. I've come downstairs as its stopping E sleeping too.

I've wrapped his presents, tidied up a bit, had a cuppa.... There's nothing on telly and my throat is still tickling...

21/12/2012 at 06:52
Sshhhhhhh......sleeping.
21/12/2012 at 16:37

Evening

Still wating for my x-ray results

Remember mad Sue from Rotterdam - she had a baby girl at the end of October - very much against the odds - so happy to hear about it

21/12/2012 at 16:45

Yay.....congratulations to Mad Sue......I liked her. Hoping that mother and baby are doing well

This does pose the question - thread reunion? Berlin or Chicago marathons next year?

21/12/2012 at 17:44

Sounds like both are doing well

Chicago - out of the question for me - I may get a pay rise next year even on the current contract if my boss can force it past HR but even then not enought to get to chicago - and I don't know if/when I will allowed to run yet

Unless I sell the house of course - I do actually now have most of the stuff I need to get it ready

21/12/2012 at 21:02

Mad Sue? Should I remember her? Did she have another name on here? Good luck to her with a new baby anyway.

Actually Paul I wasn't sleeping at 6:52. I did manage to get to sleep, about 5:20 but then alarm went off at 6:30 so at 6:52 I was drying my hair, after dumping myself in the shower to try to wake back up!

We are now ensconced in our little cottage in North Yorks, in front of a fire. I'm starting to feel much better......

21/12/2012 at 21:06

Where is your marathon at the weekend Paul? Are you going to be above water?

21/12/2012 at 22:11

Sue was never on here - she came with me as my support for Rotterdam

It is looking manky for the weekend isn't it

21/12/2012 at 22:29
Enjoy the cottage and the break phys and E.

Portsmouth Coastal Marathon on Sunday, is part off road anyway so will no doubt be boggy, especially along the harbour.
22/12/2012 at 11:18

Morning. My cold has progressed to the super snotty stage, I could hardly breath first thing this morning!

We did a short off road walk by the river to the pub yesterday. It was so muddy it was hard to walk never mind run. Good luck with tomorrow Paul!

As you say Maddy, its not looking like its going to improve any this weekend either.

23/12/2012 at 16:50

Evening

Portsmouth Coastal Marathon lived up to expectations of being a mud and beach fest. Although there were some road and prom sections it felt like a battering and a 26 mile XC race. Pleased with a 3:16 although I was feeling it for the last few miles. Marathon 123 in the bag and a nice round 21 for the year.

23/12/2012 at 18:00

Evening. Well done Paul. That sounds like a really impressive time for that kind of terrain! You can have a mulled wine I think tonight after that.

We cycled to Sandsend on the road bikes. 25 mile round trip and we got there with barely a pedal stroke needed the wind was so strong! It felt a bit scary with the side wind along the coast, we were leaning at 45 degrees at some points. The way back was a struggle, but we broke it up with a couple of cafe/pub stops

Even without the wind cycling round here is challenge - there's no way in or out that doesn't involve a 30% incline!

23/12/2012 at 18:56
phys1 wrote (see)

Well done on more miles.

I'm glad you're doing some, 12 hour work day here, horrible weather, no exercise. Its getting a bit monotonus (sp?? tried that lot of ways, none look right!!)

Was meant to be heading off to a cottage first thing in the morning , but now I'm covering 7.30 am class due to staff sickness

After that we're off on to escape the madness for a week

You need an 'o' before the 'u'.

24/12/2012 at 06:51

Oh well so much for a xmas day ride pending a miracle I will be too ill

24/12/2012 at 08:03
Always a chance of a good old fashioned Christmas miracle.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.