Rotterdam 2006

Sunday 9th April 2006

50,681 to 50,693 of 50,693 messages
23/03/2015 at 01:55

Ooh - winners hey? Well done. It sounds quite hilly! 

We managed our first proper walk, with Physlet in a sling we went down to a cafe on the canal. About 4 miles altogether I think. 

23/03/2015 at 21:38

First trip into work today. I had an admin job with a deadline, that didn't get done as Physlet arrived early! 

Still managed some park laps though, for our fresh air. 

24/03/2015 at 20:15

Not a good day today, Physlet kept me up all through the early hours so apart from a very brief walk around the block with him to try to calm him down.... Which didn't work .... I was too tired for any other exercise.

24/03/2015 at 22:56

Sorry to hear that, better day tomorrow hopefully.

Nice 8.6 miler tonight, steady pace, marathon double in Dover at the weekend.

25/03/2015 at 22:35

Evening

11.4 miles done tonight

27/03/2015 at 16:20

Afternoon from a sunny Dover where the white cliffs are living up to their name and I have a lovely sea view from my hotel window. Unfortunately the weather is due to change and get v windy, with some rain. 12 laps each day up and down a pier and along the sea front could be interestin, perhaps fast in one direction at least. No time goals so pretty immaterial. 3 others (inc Guy of course) from Yeovil TRRC are with me so social weekend - first double for 2 of them

28/03/2015 at 16:01

Foggy, windy and cold in Dover but nearly 27 miles all done in a steady 3:31 - marathon #173. Same again tomorrow except forecast is wet and very windy - deep joy.

28/03/2015 at 16:33

Afternoon. Well done Paul. sounds like another crazily boring marathon, especially the same on consecutive days, however as long as you enjoy it! 

I have had a few hard days here, with Physlet not settling well in the day or sleeping well at night. Last night was much better. He still only gives me 2 or so hours sleep at a time, but if he's goes straight bsck to sleep, and I get 3 of those I can cope on that. 

So - not even a proper walk the last coupe of days. It's beem horribly blustery here too, but some nice sunny intervals to cheer me up, even if I'm just looking out of the window. 

28/03/2015 at 17:52

20 miles done! Not at Oakley but a training run along the Thames.

After mulling over all the advice I went for this plan:

miles 1-9 @ 10mm

miles 10&11 @ 9.30

miles 12-19 @ 9mm

mile 20 @ 8.45!

Not conclusive re my chances of Sub 4 but has given me a glimmer of hope

29/03/2015 at 17:00

Well done on the run and the pacing HRR. I could never run to the watch like that!

a much better night again, I got a bit over excited as I thought id managed 4 hours sleep .... but then realised the clock had automatically changed! Still it was a good 3 hourson the trot. 3 laps around the park in the wind and the rain. 

i hope the weather was better for you Paul?

29/03/2015 at 17:10

Afraid not phys, atrocious weather with heavy rain for 10 miles and gale force winds. Ran 3:42 and came 3rd so a decent outcome but not particularly fun. Still another double done and #174 achieved.

Yesterday at 20:14

Evening

8 miles tonight, still bloody windy - 302 miles for the month though isn't half bad

Yesterday at 23:44

A very impressive monthly total, you are well up on marathons already this year, I hope you are going to calm down a little bit through the rest of the year but somehow I doubt it. Have you a plan up to your 200th already?

i did my longest walk so far with some friends yesterday, and then just a quick loop in the park today. It Has been ridiculously windy, I almost got blown over in the park! It's still howling s gale out there now.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
50,681 to 50,693 of 50,693 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.