Rotterdam 2006

Sunday 9th April 2006

50,861 to 50,877 of 50,877 messages
22/07/2015 at 18:31

Phys,Thanks it has been a long road but finally I feel I am getting stronger and run first race(half marathon) in 9 years it was to see if my body would hold up to 13 miles I sprained ankle in a fall 5 weeks before race so longest run was 10 miles.

4 miles this morning

Pregnancy oh so you have a little one how old is physlet?

Sorry to hear about pelvis and hope it gets better so you can run again when your body is ready.

Paul: nice distance any races planned?

22/07/2015 at 20:31

Well done WP, good to have you back,

Next marathon on Sunday, has all gone a bit mad since you were last on here - am closing in on 200 marathons by the end of the year. Mainly for fun now but still race the odd or two.

Edited: 22/07/2015 at 21:30
23/07/2015 at 10:00

Things have changed Paul good luck with the 200 club!! so what time is your quickest and where?

7 miles this morning extending mid week run from 6-7 I am slow and 21 pounds over weight but saying that lost 46 lb's so going in right direction.

Just entered a 10 mile race a week Sunday not to race just to run with others as have LV half marathon in September and Cardiff half in October.Again these are just progress points although would like to run Cardiff faster than Swansea half but as alway it is to get around uninjured as the Achilles is still a ain in the bottom I cant do speed work/hills or run off road as it hates it .

23/07/2015 at 15:18

3:01 this year at London, not really focused on time too much though. Can still knock out a decent time when I need to but just enjoying the journey and quite often run with or pace other people. Phys and I even had a gentle jaunt around the Prague Marathon last year

25/07/2015 at 11:44

Morning

The sunshine has returned, albeit briefly. Nice, easy paced 8.4 miler this morning, weather looking a bit grim for a hilly, off road trip around the hills of Bath tomorrow.....

25/07/2015 at 14:12

I love Prague we went there in 2009 always wanted to go back

6 miles early this morning

Race number arrived for the 10 miler will just be a long run with other runners.

Tomorrow is awful for us as well tomorrow!

26/07/2015 at 12:54

Well done for getting back into it WP. Injury is so frustrating. Physlet is nearly 5 months now. I was hoping to be back running before this but I am still getting pain at the front of my pelvis just with walking. I am still breastfeeding, which does keep the ligaments more lax due to the hormones, so I am hoping it is partly to do with that. 

We've done a family ride this morning. We decided to go for it and invest in our own trailer. I'm glad we borrowed one as it helped us justify spending the extra money on a better one. First ride with it today. It has suspension and a special baby sling. Physlet just gently bounced away to sleep 

it also converts into a jogger pram, fingers crossed I can test that out soon.....

26/07/2015 at 12:58

i hope the weather held off for your race Paul. We had a lovely morning here and made it home just before the rain arrived! 

26/07/2015 at 17:50

Good and bad with the weather today - the heaviest rain came through earlier than forecast which meant we got to run in steady rather than heavy rain. The bad news was that it made it laughable underfoot and probably the worst conditions underfoot I can remember for a marathon. I have never had to crawl on hands and knees before to get up a muddy gully and today was a first. The second lap was even worse after a couple of hundred runners had already been up it. Still we had a good laugh and got the job done only 54s slower than last year which was hot and dry. Strangely enjoyed it and another 26.7 miles for the log #186

Edited: 26/07/2015 at 21:51
28/07/2015 at 21:32

Evening

Nice hilly 9 in the sunshine tonight to blow the cobwebs away.

29/07/2015 at 07:06

That description of your run reminds me of some mountain bike events. Laps are not good when mud is invoved! I can never understand the attraction of these running events where the specific aim seems to be to get muddy.

cycle commute to work here.

30/07/2015 at 10:23

Phys

Sounds like thinks are ticking along for you and physlet and the trailer sounds fab especially as transforms into Jogging buggy

Paul,Well done in trying conditions I used to love muddy runs but gone right off them.

5 miles Sunday, Tuesday 11 miles,today 6 miles

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary so knew it would be pushing my luck to go running!

30/07/2015 at 20:48

V easy 8.2 mile club run tonight, followed by F&C

Yesterday at 20:02

Evening

10 miles on the track tonight - including a couple of miles starting with a 5

Today at 02:14

Snuck in a little 10 mile bike ride on my own today, as the weather was so nice. First time in a while I've felt like pushing myself. I think I've finally got over the virus and the sleep deprivation that accompanied it! 

Whats F&C Paul? Sub 6 minute miles? Impressive????

Today at 02:21

Congrats on the anniversary WP. How many years is that?

Today at 07:45

Fish and chips.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
50,861 to 50,877 of 50,877 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.