Rotterdam 2006

Sunday 9th April 2006

51,001 to 51,015 of 51,015 messages
30/09/2015 at 14:20

I kept away did not want to get in the way of big number

Hardly any running as tapering 4 miles yesterday Yoga today

01/10/2015 at 01:43

We had to leave the BN for you really Paul, as you'll get the most pleasure from it! Tapering for what WP? 

Pelvis felt ok so pretty pleased. Cycle commute to work.

01/10/2015 at 06:19

Cardiff half marathon on Sunday!

01/10/2015 at 20:19

Back from sunny Cyprus last night, home this morning.

Quick 5.4 miler tonight to blow out the cobwebs.

02/10/2015 at 03:43

Welcome home Paul, 5.4? That's a short run for you Paul. Good luck for Sunday WP.

Rest day here.

02/10/2015 at 08:48

Thanks Phys

1.3 miles last run before Sunday

03/10/2015 at 03:12

21 mile cycle ride today, my first longer ride in ages. I think I may finally be getting over this cold. We set off in mist, it was freezing! But gorgeous by the end of the ride, an amazing day for October.

03/10/2015 at 13:09

Nice mileage phys.

Good luck tomorrow WP.

I'm running Bournemouth Marathon tomorrow, might be doing a bit of a pacing job.

04/10/2015 at 04:18

Aw, I feel a bit left out not having an event today Hope both go well. 

i did my little mile run, only felt my pelvis a tiny bit at the end, things are definitely improving. I might consider upping the distance soon...

04/10/2015 at 18:00

Enjoyed Bournemouth more than I thought I would but the route is dull and not one that would be on my list to do again, especially at £50. Was asked to pace a very good lady runner to a sub 3:15, this got changed to a sub 3:10 on the start line (by her not me). Quickly realised that the wind and twisty course made a PB for her unlikely but we pressed on until about mile 15 when she started to unravel. Eased off to the original sub 3:15 target but by then the damage had been done. The elastic started to stretch and I asked whether she wanted me to stay with her or carry on at sub 3:15 to allow her to have something to aim for with me ahead. She asked for the latter and so I carried on. The last 6 miles were up and down the prom and were hard coming back into the wind. Anyway I finished in 3:13 and she achieved a very hard fought 3:20 for 3rd in her AG On reflection that was a very good run by both on not the fastest course. #194

Anyone heard how WP got on ?

05/10/2015 at 04:50

Morning. Well done Paul. Excellent podium result for your lady. I hope she is pleased, running in the wind is hard. 

no word from WP. 

I watched the Great Scottosh run on TV.......

07/10/2015 at 13:50

Well done Paul and great result for the lady your were pacing

You can see Cardiff on the iplayer if you want

Sadly for me a non starter got to Cardiff hotel and was taken ill up all night so on 2 hours sleep and still feeling ill ditched the race no point as could not run 3 never mind 13.1 miles.Got Mr WP to collect me and got home by 9.30am to watch the race on TV upset but knew it was the sensible thing to do and do not regret it as only today I am feeling better about 80% so went out to run a 5.5 miles .

I have Weston Super Mare half on the 1st November which I shall just enjoy as last race of the year for me and go straight to winter base training.

07/10/2015 at 19:12

Sorry to hear that WP, sounds like you made the right call though. I've been struggling with man flu since Monday and didn't run yesterday to give my poor old body a fighting chance. Cracked it through 7 fastish miles on the treadie tonight though.

Yesterday at 06:00

Morning. What a shame WP. At least you have another booked quite soon to look forward to. 

Ni cycle commutes this week as it has been bouncing down, but I did manage a 2 mile  run this morning! My pelvis was a bit sore again straight after but seems to be settling very quickly. 

Its proper man flu Paul, if you can still run 7 miles with it today 

Yesterday at 18:33

Man flu still lingering, another fast 6 on the treadle, cos my physio said I could

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
51,001 to 51,015 of 51,015 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.