Round the Resers 5

has anyone done this race before?

7 messages
rjh
09/06/2005 at 16:01
am a plodder who loves running and i live really close to this race, am 10 min miling and dont want to come in when the race organisers have packed up!! anyone know how fast this is??
15/06/2005 at 17:00
Brilliant!!!

I thought this race had disappeared of the calendar.

Rjh trust me you will be fine, it raises money for the 'Tintwistle Childrens Gala' and is consequently supported by a lot of local charity runners.

There is no way you will come last, the course involves 2 laps round a couple of the resers, it is a fast course with a just a couple of climbs. Do it.
21/06/2005 at 08:19
Watch out for the queue at the end of the M67 if coming from Manchester
21/06/2005 at 15:06
David - I'm coming across to Tintwistle from Middleton and will hit the M67.

How long do you think i should i should allow myself from getting from the end of the M67 to Tintwistle?
21/06/2005 at 15:46
I've never actually queued through the lights at Mottram but it may take 5 or 6 light changes. I would allow an extra 20 mins
24/06/2005 at 18:43
David do you think the heat played a part in slowing down the race, or am i 2 minutes slower than in 2003 because i'm just not as sharp?
29/06/2005 at 09:12
Sorry I have not replied earlier but I'm new to this web site. I was 30 secs faster than last year, but then again, last year it rained heavily and I had to run further round all the big puddles. I'm certainly getting slower over the years but that's my age problem. I always look foreward to the mugs they give out.I will be doing the Offerton 10k in Stockport on the 6th July (Wednesday evening) organised by Stockport Harriers. It is a fairly small race (about 250 runners) and is 3 laps of tarmac tracks within a park so is traffic free and good for spectators. It isn't flat but should be easy compared to fell racing.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.