Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon

Who's in?

21 to 40 of 82 messages
01/10/2012 at 12:56

it would Emmy...

01/10/2012 at 13:05

It's good to know that my london knowledge isnt completely defunkt! I'm trying to work out where to pick up the race packs from on saturday and other logistics.

What will everyone be wearing in case we spot each other on the route?

I'll be in a Marathon talk vest with black capri's

01/10/2012 at 13:35
Hey everyone less than a week to go! I did 9 miles yesterday and it felt quite comfortable so am starting to believe that I will actually make it round in one piece without being struck down by illness, injury or any other disasters. Will be trying to hold onto the hem of the 2.10 pacer I think but that's good enough for me.
Did the British 10k back in July and it was sooo cool running through the middle of London on closed roads waving at the crowds!!
Extra excited as I have also managed to get a place in VLM through the ballot
Emmy don't know what I'll be wearing yet but aiming to wear my race tshirt (along with thousands of others) and if I have the nerve will have my cancer survivor badge on my cap.
(I will be wearing other stuff too just don't know what yet lol)
01/10/2012 at 13:47

@Katrina - well done on the run! Wear your cancer survivor badge with pride I'll be there with the 2.10 pacer as well. Well done on the VLM ballot place. I missed out this year- so am doing paris instead!

02/10/2012 at 08:03

I'll be in my footy shirt.  It's blue on the back with "Andy" and a large number 13.......

03/10/2012 at 17:50
I did Maidenhead Half a couple of weeks back. Not really done much milage since so bit worried I may burn out but I'm going to go for it.

Getting really excited.
03/10/2012 at 21:04

I've received the "final day preparation" email and was suprised how detailed they were. I especially like "water etiquette". It's a great piece of advice and I wish it was used more at races!

I've just seen the weather for the weekend and wondering if my vest is a tad optimistic!

04/10/2012 at 17:22

Hi everyone,

This is my first 1/2 marathon and the nerves are really starting to kick in. What's the best thing to eat the morning of the race?

Thanks!

04/10/2012 at 17:26

Hi Kathryn,

What have you been eating during your training? That's the best indicator. Don't try anything new on race day. For me, i'll have porridge with soya milk and a banana 30 mins before the start.

04/10/2012 at 21:14
Toast with peanut butter for me!!!
04/10/2012 at 23:07

Normally just toast so think I'll stick to that!

04/10/2012 at 23:08
I've got the food before races sorted now but still can't master drinking - whatever I do I'm always busting five mins before start time!
PG3
04/10/2012 at 23:48

I am planning to go with the 2.10 pacer also.  Look out for the fat girl who hasn't done much training!

05/10/2012 at 07:46

@Johnny - That's completely normal unfortuantely! Most people will be bursting regardless if they've been or not. It's part of the nerves. The question is - does the need to pee go after a few miles? That will be the answer if you've really needed it.

@Kathryn/Touie - Nothing wrong with toast! I use to have 2 weetabix made with water and a banana over the top.

@PipG - Don't be so negative! Everyone thinks that they've not done a lot of training but you can be sure that there is a person there who really has not done as much training as you

Has anyone picked up their race pack from Hyde Park? Is it relatively easy to do? Any tips for an efficient pick up?

05/10/2012 at 07:49

I normally have a banana, then cereal.

As I'll be travelling in for about an hour, I'll probably take a snack to have on the way too

I'd love to be able to follow the 2:10 pacer...

05/10/2012 at 12:30

Do the different zones equate to different expected times or is it run as a series of waves at the start?

If the former, can anyone give me an idea as to what they might be ? (My number allows me to start in whichever group I fancy and I'd like it to be roughly the right one)

05/10/2012 at 12:35

@Dicky M - it's waved start for different reasons and both that you mention. The nearer you are at the start - the quicker you'll set off and be expected to finish.

05/10/2012 at 13:17

Thanks for your help Emmy - have a good run on Sunday

05/10/2012 at 16:09

Good luck to everyone running this sunday, Ill be at the Yellow start (this is my first time and I can imagine i'll be walking for half of it)

Have fun everyone!!!!

05/10/2012 at 17:15

Hi all,

I'll be logging off tonight. Good luck to everyone who runs on Sunday and have a great race!

21 to 40 of 82 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.