Royal Parks Half 2010

41 to 43 of 43 messages
30/03/2010 at 13:34
Response to mail and request for a ballot.

"We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we are reviewing the entry system for the public places for 2011 and taking advice on ballot entry systems in line with many of the other more established big races.

We hope we can assure you that the website did not crash, hence the rapid sale of the places, but did receive huge pressure from the many thousands of people trying to purchase a place which meant it did slow down and many people did get “timed out” meaning that they had to try again, and again.

As you will have seen, we have a limited number of places for the Half Marathon (mainly due to the restrictions on the timing of the road closures), of which just over 25% are allocated to “public” places. However, although we are waiting on the exact statistics, it seems that many thousands of people were logging on to try and get those places and they did sell out in under 3 hours.

Once again, I’m sorry that you’re disappointed this morning – but very much hope that you will either try to gain a place through the promotion in the Daily Telegraph on Wednesday, or by choosing to run for one of our many charity partners."

31/03/2010 at 15:20
I still feel very disappointed that places went so fast, l didn't even get a chance to log on !!! I phoned Royal Parks and asked them how many places were available she said 4500 and suggested l try and get a charity place !! OR try and win one of the 50 places up for grabs in the Daily Telegraph.....50 places eh that gives me an even better chance than 4500...me thinks not
09/04/2010 at 15:59

Is anyone else still waiting for their email? 

I havea charity place through CancerReserarch UK and they said Royal Parks would send me an email shortly.  I know there was a little delay initially.  Is anyone in the same boat as me and still waiting to hear from them?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.