run for the children (bath)

what a fiasco

21 to 28 of 28 messages
16/07/2003 at 22:34
I'm glad I did not do this now.

Bath is over an hour from me and I would have been very annoyed if I had driven there and back (2 hours)plus fuel costs, only to find its cancelled.
17/07/2003 at 09:55
I've still heard nothing - letter, phone or e-mail so will try again!
17/07/2003 at 12:59
A cheque arrived in the post this morning, as promised yesterday by telephone. Glad to hear you have some progress bitch, and good luck to BB and Guestie.
I am sure that Run for the Children will do the right thing once your messages get through.
17/07/2003 at 13:34
pleased to hear that tyango i will mail again today hopefiully they will get bored
and send me a refund
19/07/2003 at 19:48
still heard nothing
22/07/2003 at 13:39
BB, you will probably have more luck if you telephone and leave a voice message, rather than email.
22/07/2003 at 14:38
Have spoken with organisers today having done what tyango suggested. I left a message and they phoned back and have promised to send the cheque. It appears that there simply weren't enough people taking part to justify the cost of putting on the event. They suggested that anyone else in the same boat should phone them and they'll organise a refund.
22/07/2003 at 15:57
hi all, received my refund this morning with a note of apology. It wasnt the cancellation that miffed me it was the fact of not being told before I turned up on the morning. Anyway its all behind us now.

Hope you all get sorted.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.