Run to the Beat London 2012

Sunday 28th October 2012

21 to 40 of 46 messages
04/10/2012 at 23:48
got a 10 miler planned this Sunday then 12 the following aaargh
05/10/2012 at 23:21
anybody not got their race pack yet ?
06/10/2012 at 09:01
I haven't got mine yet have you? I've noticed the website has been updated and has the information booklet on
07/10/2012 at 21:03

Does anyone have a spare ticket? If so, please send me a message!

07/10/2012 at 21:13
marius. There were a couple of people on the previous page that said they may have to pull out..might be worth messaging them. Will let you know if i hear of anyone else.

No not got race pack yet.

On a good note i managed 10 miles today so getting there!
08/10/2012 at 17:08
Marius - Somebody by the name of Rosamund has a spare place - She has posted on Runners World Forum today.

Still no race pack but managed 10 miles yesterday - Getting there !
09/10/2012 at 23:09
Hi Marius.. there is somebody else on fetch everyone who has a spare place if you still need it
11/10/2012 at 17:24
Hi All, I was a bit confused when I got my race pack today. It allocates you a colour which is your start time. The thing is my wrist band is yellow, there is no yellow on the list !!! The booklet sayes it the background colour not the colour the number is printed. Does anyone no if I'm looking at the wrong thing?
11/10/2012 at 20:28
It should be the colour the number is printed IN on the shirt....all wristbands are yellow- last year all numbers were the same colour but had a background colour - they obviously havent changed last years information in the booklet. I have seen some pics of other peoples shirts whereby the numbers are different colours to mine so its the colour of the actual race number.
Hope training is going well
11/10/2012 at 22:03
Thanks Gemgemx your a star.
24/10/2012 at 07:51

So, so excited about Sunday...I've trained hard...got though a thigh injury, a infection with anti biotics and now a massive blister, but I am so happy the day is nearly here. 

Last long run today before lots of rest. 

If you are running on Sunday, hope you have a good time! 

24/10/2012 at 09:42

I didn't get a wristband in my pack.  Does that matter?

25/10/2012 at 11:16

Hey,

Looking for some advice please! I have been really looking forward to this race and got up to 11 miles a couple of weekends ago so felt really ready. On Sunday however I got struck down with really sore throat/stomach and was off work on Monday. I have since just been struggling with sore throat and bad cold/cough so have not been able to train at all. Should I hold out and see how I feel on Sunday or should I call it quits now, I really want to run but I also dont want to do myself any serious damage and I am not sure if any one has been in a similar situation before that can give me some advice?

Thanks

Nicole

25/10/2012 at 15:20
I'm a pacer at this event and down for 1.30 group. My friend is pacing the 2 hr group. Sounds like SW trains are a nightmare with bus replacements from South coast, woking, clapham etc. so planning on driving to Wimbledon and getting train from there. Don't get caught out if going by train.
25/10/2012 at 15:36
JH 1 wrote (see)
I'm a pacer at this event and down for 1.30 group. My friend is pacing the 2 hr group. Sounds like SW trains are a nightmare with bus replacements from South coast, woking, clapham etc. so planning on driving to Wimbledon and getting train from there. Don't get caught out if going by train.

JH 1 - How many pace makers are there? Are they every half hour? Also for the 2 hr group any idea how long it takes to get over the start line?

25/10/2012 at 16:47
Chris Afzal wrote (see)
JH 1 wrote (see)

JH 1 - How many pace makers are there? Are they every half hour? Also for the 2 hr group any idea how long it takes to get over the start line?

My wife was in the 2-2.30hr group last year and said it took 45 mins to cross the start line! I get the impression that they bottleneck the start quite tightly to avoid congestion once runners cross the start line.

Last year wasn't a problem as the did the race in September and the weather was nice and warm. This year I think a few people are in for a shock as he forecast on Sunday is saying it may be rather cold.

My hint: Take an old sweater you don't want and chuck it once you get running.

25/10/2012 at 19:31
What about the bottom half? I am used to wearing 3/4 tights as I get too hot quite quickly. They are quite flimsy though. should I switch to my full length tights or just put some jogging bottoms on then whip them off.....aaargh as you can see..Race day worries are kicking in!!

jubilee line .. Any disruptions. Coming in from Hertfordshire?

any other top tips to stop me panicking!!
25/10/2012 at 21:34
Don't panic it's only a race. ;o) Remember just to enjoy it and that might help.
I don't know anything about starts as 1st time pacing and running it. It sounds like it will be very busy so that is one reason I'm not driving to park at O2 so I can get away after.
26/10/2012 at 06:54

gemgemx - There's no planned engineering works on the Jubilee Line this weekend. 

I am also really worried about standing in the cold before the race starts. I know it sounds lame as I should be worrying about the race, I can run happily in the cold but not just standing in it!

My friend told me at the Royal parks half a couple of weeks ago they collected all the discarded tops and gave them to Oxfam. Which I think is a great idea! 

26/10/2012 at 14:06

Yes the jumper thing at Royal Parks was fab, Marks & Spencers 'shwopping' people collected all the discarded jumpers and recycled them inlcuding to Oxfam. However it was SUCH a glorious autumn day (sunlight, parks, trees, gold, red, orange, say no more) and not cold at all so looks like you Run 2 the Beat folks will need your jumpers more than we did. Hope the rain stays off - that's no fun. Take your binbag ponchos. Best of luck peeps! 

21 to 40 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.