Run to the Beat London 2012

Sunday 28th October 2012

41 to 46 of 46 messages
26/10/2012 at 16:43
i get hot easily but today was cold ...not that i ran.
do you think one long sleeved base layer with short sleeve race shirt will be ok once moving. More worried about getting too hot!
28/10/2012 at 17:56

Still waiting for my race results, but I think if my sums are correct I did it in about 2hrs 5 minutes. Which considering what set backs I have gone though I am quite happy with.

The race itself was great, it was the least crowded central London race I have ever done, I only had one runner stop right in front of me, which nearly made me crash into him (!) and there was also room to run past people, even from the start.

I only have 2 gripes, one (as always) lack of toilets, queuing for half an hour isn't on. Also at the end, it was a real fight to get away from the start line as family / friends (hundreds of them!) where making their way to meet people. It took me about 20 minutes to get through the crowd...the priority seemed to be against the runners.

Weirdly there was no goody bag, not that I am that fussed, but it seemed strange that's all!

I would do it next year but it will be around the same time as a marathon I am looking forward to but I will more than likely do it again.

28/10/2012 at 19:51

I enjoyed the race itself, however am slightly confused as have just seen my official race time online - 20 minutes slower than my Nike+ App timing, showing a complete collapse in my pace for the last 3m.  Anyone else seeing inaccurate results?  I'm really disappointed as have been training for this for months, and smashed my personal best, but for some reason this hasn't been recorded correctly.  Is it just me?

29/10/2012 at 06:27

No my time is out by about 8 minutes!  I crossed the start line 22 minutes after the race started, I crossed the finish line at 2hrs 26mins - but my chip time says I did it in 2hrs 13 mins 55secs - This just doesn't add up! Which is a shame as I would like a proper time. I didn't look at the secs when I crossed the line so can't work it out for my self.

29/10/2012 at 13:08

??

My time seems to be spot on - did it in 02:08:58 according to Garmin - but due to not concentrating forgot to make sure that it was set to press start so had to fiddle for about 30 secs after passing the start line. hence my actual time was 02:09:24.

29/10/2012 at 17:13

It's a bit strange.  I have emailed the organisers to see if I can get an explanation.  A couple of minutes I could understand I might have miscalculated, but there is just no way I got my time wrong by 20 minutes.  I also made sure I crossed the mats at start and finish so not sure what could have gone wrong...

It's quite annoying as it makes me feel like a bit of a fraud - I'll be telling people my time was X, and they can search the RTTB website and see that it's "actually" Y - which makes me look like a liar!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.