RunLiverpool Marathon 2012

Run it! Live it! Love it! Again!

1,281 to 1,300 of 1,718 messages
09/10/2012 at 19:46
Adam - plenty of icing, ibuprofen and rest. See what the physio says, you never know.

Don't throw the towel in just yet.

Good luck.
09/10/2012 at 21:03

Adam, really sorry to hear about the knee. If in doubt, don't run; you may pay a heavier price long term. Trust me, I know how disappointed you will feel; I've today been to the hospital to be told that my big toe is actually broken and my marathon debut will not be in Liverpool.  I really cannot believe it as I'm not really in any degree of pain, and I'm a right babby when it comes to pain.

If you can't run, remember the five months haven't been wasted. You're in great shape fitness-wise and you've got a sound foundation for a 2013 marathon.

My best wishes to you all for a successful 26.2; my (jealous) thoughts will be with you.

09/10/2012 at 21:29
Bloody hell sorry to hear that! Appreciate your sentiments, what's the plan then? Got another marathon in mind?
09/10/2012 at 21:48

bring it on........BRING IT OOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Can't wait to smash this thing to bits.

We are spartans. We are warriors. We will let our heads float above our bodies and feel no pain. We will adjust our battle plans accordingly if needed.

WE WILL NOT FLINCH. THE FIGHT IS OURS TO WIN AND WE WILL WIN IT.

Good luck Spartans

09/10/2012 at 21:53

Adam / SHADSOC, like shadsoc says, it's not a waste, you're in great shape.

Time is relative. Accept you can't do it this time. Keep youselves in shape, and focus on a new marathon.

Good luck for the future.

09/10/2012 at 22:17
Adam | shadsoc, sorry both to hear about your injuries. Adam what is your knee injury? Last year I suffered with ITBS, I was recommended a strap that you wear just above the knee and it seemed to do the trick or at least kept the pain at bay to complete the race.

Barry... Great words, bring it on!!!
09/10/2012 at 22:30
My physio is seeing me tomorrow to try a
New strapping, it's knee cap, it's not stable and rubbing an causing inflammation - not out of this yet!
09/10/2012 at 22:32
Good luck Adam - still a few days yet to recover
09/10/2012 at 22:33
Good luck !
09/10/2012 at 22:59

Why do i do this - hanks for the reply the marathon will be symbolic of so much and finishing will mean a great deal x

10/10/2012 at 07:06

Hi Adam, not really sure.  Blackpool have one on 7/4/13, with Sunderland and Manchester 3 weeks later. May go for one of the later two, although there's an increased risk of warm weather which will kill me.

Really hope you're able to get to the start on Sunday, but don't be a fool. Ridiculous as it sounds I was going to tape the toe and give it a go, that was until a voice of reason asked what I would think if my wife said she was going to do the same thing.  "Lock her in the house until 10 on Sunday" was my reply and in an instant everything became clearer.  Yes you'll be gutted (I'm like a bear with a sore head this morning and seeing the road signs in Birkenhead and Liverpool hasn't helped one iota) BUT there are other chances for us out there.

Rdrunner, thanks for your words.

10/10/2012 at 07:49

Don't know if anyone noticed but the scaffolding is coming down at the Four Bridges!

Told ya!

10/10/2012 at 08:44
Edited: 10/10/2012 at 08:53
10/10/2012 at 09:22

Come on sunny intervals!!!

I know it shouldn't matter but whenever I've trained in a storm it's worn me out thinking about dodging all the puddles, so I'd just as soon not have weather to think about when I'm running.

Sorry to hear about the knee Adam, rest up, it's amazing how quickly the body can bounce back from some things.

I've been going to bed an hour earlier than usual this week - woke up this morning feeling bloody fantastic. My 'dress rehearsal' run is this morning - 7 miles with 2 at Marathon Pace. Can't wait for Sunday now!!

Hope everything clicks into place as you've planned for, Alan.

10/10/2012 at 10:52

Not wishing to tempt fate, I'm sure everything will be fine - weather permitting!

10/10/2012 at 12:47
My physio is seeing me tomorrow to try a
New strapping, it's knee cap, it's not stable and rubbing an causing inflammation - not out of this yet!
10/10/2012 at 15:13

Does anyone know if the water on course is in bottles? Or is it in cups?

10/10/2012 at 15:16

Hi Angela, p15 of the  race guide suggests the water will be in bottles and the Runade will be in cups.

I'll be carrying my own bottle around my waste with my favoiurite drink in it!

10/10/2012 at 15:26

Alan-what time do you suggest we start arriving at the Q Park if we are getting the shuttle bus?I plan to get there in good time but not too soon and would want to avoid a traffic jam.Did the same arrangements operate last year?

Chrono-your run today is the same as mine this evening.

10/10/2012 at 15:47

Good luck to everyone for Sunday!! I ran my first marathon last Sunday in Chester and it was amazing!! (Already deleted the bad bits from my memory!!)

For some reason the gods were not looking down on me that day so did not get the time I was hoping for (at all) but can still say I ran a marathon. It is the best feeling ever when you run over that finishing line, quite emotional too.

All the best.

1,281 to 1,300 of 1,718 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.