RunLiverpool Marathon 2012

Run it! Live it! Love it! Again!

1,401 to 1,420 of 1,718 messages
12/10/2012 at 17:23
Just had a little jog followed by a physio visit, my knee is 75% and it's going to hurt whatever, so going for a slow steady pace on Sunday, finishing will be a success for me
12/10/2012 at 18:00
... Still here - stuffing my face
12/10/2012 at 18:58

Adam, great to hear you've made it; take it easy, enjoy the day and here's to a complete recovery as soon as possible.

Best wishes to everyone for what will be a great day on Sunday. Hope to hear plenty of success stories next week.  Cheers

12/10/2012 at 19:45

All the best to those running on Sunday - I was with you last year and although I knew I did not have time to train to be out with you on Sunday as I see the preparations I dearly wish I could be out there - to run out of the tunnel and into the heart of my home city with packed streets cheering us on (and I was nowhere near the front) made me all emotional.

Brilliant news that 'JJ' are staring the race - now there are a dedicaed duo for you - often seen running around the streets of S Liverpool, give them a cheer and if you see them at the finish J's step-dad usualy is tooting a hunting horn as they cross the line.

12/10/2012 at 20:10

Good luck to all running on Sunday. I won't be there, ran it last year and ran Chester this year - but will run Liverpool again one day as enjoyed the route and the support. Looks like the weather will be ok too....

LIVERBIRD    pirate
12/10/2012 at 20:29
AlanRothwell wrote (see)

We've got medal holders, merchandising, massage, kit bags if you're picking up, shuttle bus tickets and my darling helpful wife on hand to attend to you. She does it so much better than me.

She IS a darling isn't she?

12/10/2012 at 20:42

Sean Fitzgerald4  

I think the info point is Equator Builidng Mann Island.

its on the front inside cover of booklet that came with race numbers.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
12/10/2012 at 20:43

Well that's where I'm headed tomorrow!

12/10/2012 at 20:50
Everyone seems excited for Sunday, what's going on?

Some sort of event?
12/10/2012 at 20:59

I have my number and i am going terrified.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
12/10/2012 at 21:04

Calm down Rachel!

Deep breaths.

First you have to deal with tomorrow. Make sure you load up on carbs and drink lots of water. Enjoy resting and chill out a bit. Get your kit ready and lay everything out on the bed. Pin your number on so you're happy with it. Decide what you're going to have for brekkie on Sunday and make sure you've got it in.

Just SATURDAY for now, yeah? Don't think too far ahead!

12/10/2012 at 22:12

Well, quelle surprise, my niggly calf now feels completely fine

Doubtless tomorrow I'll wake up with a clicky ankle or a stiff knee, but I'll resist messaging about it and just wait until the pretend pain passes.  Oh how I remember laughing at my cat when I was a child, when she was clearly going through a phantom pregnancy - marathon's bring karma!

So now sat with a heady mixture of nerves an excitement.  I'm off work all next week, so today had the pleasure of many good luck messages and contributions to my justgiving page - hope I do everyone proud.

Kit bag all packed and ready now, will be driving up and over to Liverpool from Norfolk tomorrow morning.  Can't wait!!!

12/10/2012 at 23:17
Made it through the English motorway system in one piece! Now ensconced at the parents in Bebington. Mrs cybarev and kids coming up from Bury St.Edmunds after footy in the morning. Tomorrow I intend to drink lots of water, eat loads of carbs and go and watch Tranmere give Yeovil a good sorting out!
Good luck everyone for Sunday.
Edited: 12/10/2012 at 23:39
13/10/2012 at 00:27
How big is the Expo? Worth a visit or zzzz. I know Bex has got some posters done by her school kids though.

Rachelhen , chill. Great advice by LB, get that routine worked out, remember to charge the garmin up and check it. , get safety pins, pin number on kit. Enjoy a nice bowl of food, pasta, then sleep. A bit.

If I don't post tomorrow, look out for me Red Wallasey top (or red jacket if raining !) supporting all of you at :-

mile 4 for 30 mins, 9:50- 10:20;
Mile 9 at water station with rest of my club for an hour plus so see bulk of people from 3hrs to 5hrs time. I'm running with a friend at 5hrs ish time for 2 miles then nipping on train at Hamilton Square ;
Mile 18/25 on Upper Parliament Street so can see you both ways. Maybe grab some jelly babies for some.

Have fun, it's going to be a beautiful day.
13/10/2012 at 06:33
Just one day to go folks.

Hope everyone is feeling well and raring to go.
13/10/2012 at 07:13
Just a quick question, I am taking a bit of a risk tomorrow with my knee, I the worst case scenario happened and I have to stop along the course what will happen? Will I be just taken off the course to find my way back or will someone take me to the finish?
13/10/2012 at 07:48

This tapering does strange things to confidence doesn't it... I've just updated my will, got it witnessed and made sure 6 people know of its location... also have just emailed my boss with a reminder of our IT server password just in case it's needed...

13/10/2012 at 07:52

Good luck everyone wish I was joining you,enjoy your moment

13/10/2012 at 07:56
Adam im in the same boat as you, im recovering from a calf injury, ive got my fingers crossed it will hold out but just incase it doesnt it will be nice to know what happens.

Good luck everyone, im as nervous as hell today x
13/10/2012 at 08:27

Good luck to everyone wish I was doing it now!! xx

1,401 to 1,420 of 1,718 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.