RunLiverpool Marathon 2012

Run it! Live it! Love it! Again!

1,681 to 1,700 of 1,718 messages
19/10/2012 at 21:55
It doesn't de value the medal im well proud of it... Wore my tee shirt in bed on sunday night sexy eh!
19/10/2012 at 22:15
Wearing mine now!!
19/10/2012 at 22:15

I've signed up for Manchester, but really hope to be back in Liverpool next October!

19/10/2012 at 22:33

should think so Adam!

19/10/2012 at 23:29
Still can't find a mistake on the medal. Looks utterly PERFECT to me!! And hard won

Don't know if anyone fancies reading this write up of the marathon: http://dreamingoffootpaths.blogspot.com/2012/10/liverpool-marathon-urine-hurling-and-my.html

Obviously feel free to ignore
20/10/2012 at 00:39

I only found one error, and I only discovered that by comparing the 2011 medal and 2012 medal.  I still agree with what another runner said......the medal says 'marathon & official finisher'....thats good enough for her & its good enough for me.  

20/10/2012 at 20:13

The mistake is we never ran through Kingsway Tunnel

20/10/2012 at 20:20
Ohhhhh. Thanks Steve! (Still my favourite medal ever!!) 1st marathon so EXTRA special!!
21/10/2012 at 13:41

RRR - Love the blog!!

21/10/2012 at 14:20
And don't forget on the medal Sefton park comes after Albert docks that is the wrong way round
21/10/2012 at 17:00
Thanks John!
21/10/2012 at 19:46

Oh, I didnt see the Sefton Park/Albert Docks mistake! I thought it was the 'L' in Birkenhead, making it Blrkenhead. Comparing it to the rest of the writing round the outside, it certainly looks like an 'L'.

21/10/2012 at 21:14
Still buzzing from this and annoying everyone, no blues for me yet!
21/10/2012 at 21:15

We ran past the Albert Docks before & after Sefton Park.....not really a mistake in the same way as the wrong tunnel.  The medal would have to be the size of a London 2012 one to fit it on before & after, so fair enough to put it on once.

22/10/2012 at 08:24

Still no news from LCC! Very frustrating but once again will have to be patient I suppose. Not quite sure what there is to consider...

22/10/2012 at 12:54

What are people thinking about doing next? 

I wouldn't say I've got full on post marathon blues, but I definitely feel a bit aimless at the moment.  I think I might do a couple of Halves next year, but what is normal for people to do in what feels a bit like 'out of season'?  I'm in a bit of no man's land, not wanting to lose too much of the fitness I've built up this year, but also recognising there probably aren't too many races this tmie of year and the weather will doubtless make training more difficult.

I'm umming and ahhing about signing up for a Spring marathon - Liverpool was my first and I don't really know how to stick with one a year, or if maybe one in the Spring and then one early Autumn (Liverpool 2013, obviously!) would be a bit much for a newbie? 

22/10/2012 at 13:01

Think i'm going to give Edinburgh Marathon end of May a go, anyone else done this one?

22/10/2012 at 13:10

I am currently running in a lancashire cross country league which is hard and fast but good fun (puts you in your place a bit but still worth a go). I am planning a spring ultra in sussex part of the costal trail series. and I am thinking of either dublin or berlin next autumn. plus a few halfs along the way, prob do the yorkshireman again but this time just the half rather than the full.

22/10/2012 at 17:02

I've just signed up for Manchester in April (liverpool was my first!) I've got the bug!!

22/10/2012 at 21:06

Martin, I feel the same, guess its normal as the training/planning for a marathon takes over your life a bit!  I'm already registered for Brighton next April.  Was supposed to do it this year but got really ill three days before it and couldnt run - gutted!  However thats what made me enter Liverpool, and really glad I did.  I think you would be fine to enter a Spring marathon, certainly wouldnt be too much for you and would make sure you kept the training ticking over.  The time will fly in, especially with Xmas and New Year in between.  

Rdrunner, I did Edinburgh last year and I hate to say it but I thought it was rubbish.  Its got a bit of a cheek calling itself the Edinburgh marathon, as although it starts in Edinburgh city centre, it heads out along the coast to Musselburgh (via a really ugly power station) and ends up in the middle of nowhere.  It then doubles back and you finish in Musselburgh, which is a small town with not much in it.  As such, I found the support was really lacking (although small amount of locals certainly did their best) and I think it would be a massive let down after how good Liverpool was.  Just my opinion though, I know other runners who do it every year.  Oh, organisation was shocking last year too.  Passed over the finishing line, got directed into a residential street where me and hundreds of others stood squashed between parked cars waiting on a medal/goodie bag/space to move.  Nearly fainted from standing for so long, then almost froze to death!   They got shocking reviews on RW site, so maybe they've improved it this year, but I swore I would never do it again.  

Did my first run (six miles) yesterday, and felt really short and sweet after 26.2! 

1,681 to 1,700 of 1,718 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.