Runner's World 15-Mile Training Run, Richmond Park

401 to 406 of 406 messages
01/03/2004 at 16:43
They cull the deer in November. Good time of the year, as the gunshots sound like fireworks.
01/03/2004 at 17:03
Thanks to the 10.5 pacer - never got to thank you.
Nice bunch of people in the group.
As for the idiots running into us - can't understand it - people are normally quite friendly in Richmond Park!
Thanks again RW. Can you do this more often!
01/03/2004 at 18:29
Twas a great run. Thanks to Nick and Roger for the GYR pacing. The furthest I'd run in the last 4 months was 10 miles and the 15 felt fine - aside from that last hill!

A negative split too - how fab is that.

Thanks again for the lift KK - sorry for the wild goose chase on the way home - whoops!

01/03/2004 at 19:18
I had a great run with the 10.30 group. Really good bunch. I've forgotten all the names (oxygen deprevation!). Agree about the p****er who barged through, think of the energy he was wasting!! Hate to meet him on the road.
I can confirm my overall pace was 10.34 which is pretty good going. It was a little up and down but that compensated for the hills. Also my GPS gave 14.5 miles.
Left you all for a pit stop at 11 miles so really struggled the last 3 ish trying to catch you up. See you next year. Good luck in the LFM. Thanks Runners World.
02/03/2004 at 09:00
Hey Hainesy,
Got the spelling just right..
Thanks for the support, felt on a high after the race, then thought just have to do that for another 9 miles and then that's it.

See you at Reading.
Flipper    pirate
03/03/2004 at 21:43
Boing!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
401 to 406 of 406 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.