Rutland Water Marathon

161 to 180 of 463 messages
25/08/2010 at 12:52
There's a marathon at Rutland? Now that sounds good
26/08/2010 at 15:57

I'm in, it will be my second one and I'm going to try and get under 4 hours

Given the current weather, I just hope its going to be dry !!

28/08/2010 at 09:46
It's the wind I'll be worried about!
XB
28/08/2010 at 13:19

Try changing your diet, Amanda.

Happy to help

28/08/2010 at 13:31
i'm in. i will be the one running with the large uncontrollable dalmatian called Gus
01/09/2010 at 12:56

The "undulations" looked a bit worrying then I realised the profile is in feet.

01/09/2010 at 15:18
Sorry for delay..have now put up some photos I took during last week of Rutland Water's Hambleton Penninsula (the bit you have to go round twice for the marathon).  Interested to know what others think...not of my photography skills (dire!) but the course itself.  www.just1moremile.com
01/09/2010 at 15:50
Just realised I'm seeing Al Murray on that day, b*gger.....
01/09/2010 at 19:06
is he running?
01/09/2010 at 19:08

jS - the compisition is good. but i think you have the RAWR setting a bit to high for the landscapes, other than that there good pictures.

02/09/2010 at 11:24
Joanna, you have reminded me how lovely it is! I am incorporating laps into my long runs now in order to mentally prepare for the hambleton double loop.. and trying to run up a big hill near the end of every run. 18 miler this weekend - hopefully I'll feel more positive about it after that, rather than less.
02/09/2010 at 15:05

I'm in!  Had a disastrous attempt at the Fleetwood marathon on Sunday and managed a spectacular DNF after 18½ miles due to the galeforce wind and sandblasting, so I'm now hoping that Rutland is going to be a walk in the park (literally) in comparison!

02/09/2010 at 21:06
thanks for taking and posting the photo's Joanna.

the terrain looks great and very similar to what I normally run on (old rail branch lines)...that is except for the cattle grids which hopefully they can put some covering over those for the race. [pretty pls Mr Organiser]

fingers crossed for a blue sky day - it will be great.

03/09/2010 at 06:55
I had forgotten how nice it was put there. And it will be nice not having to swim in the lake before o have to run. But I won't rule put an improvised ice bath dip in the water after
03/09/2010 at 07:48
Currently pulling out of races courtesy of a gammy foot (potential stress fracture).  As this is the last planned race of the series I'll have lost an awful lot of money if this one goes too
03/09/2010 at 09:19
oh no Kazzaaaaah - how long do you think you'll be out of action?  with this one being a couple of months away, do you think you will have mended by then? *fingers x'd* (and dare I mention GER as well, seeing as that's a bit closer in time)
03/09/2010 at 13:21

With 7 marathons and GER (inc Rutland) on the cards I'm hoping not long.  I've accustomed myself to losing Kent Coastal and Two2Go but am really not prepared to lose much more.  Will be devastated if I lose Berlin.

It's right down by the toes so am hoping it's an easy mend - if it is a fracture of course.  Just frustrating to have to wait so long to get it checked but I'm too honest to make out it's an A&E case (was turned away from there on Wednesday when I said it was the physio sending me).

09/09/2010 at 21:43

I'm in!  Hi all you Rutland runners--let's keep our fingers crossed for some decent weather on 7th

November.I ran Stockholm in June, but this will be a whole new ball-game! Can't wait--any tips anyone?

13/09/2010 at 12:18

Right, did the Two2Go marathon over the weekend and now focusing on this. Looking forward to it. Anyone else staying locally over the weekend? We've booked up somewhere.

I'm hoping I can get some solid training in for this and avoid injury.

13/09/2010 at 12:23
I really must think about accommodation. Might just stay at my parents near kettering though. Don't think the drive is too far. Had better check.

Hope everyone's training is going well. Am old knee problem of mine has kicked off, so hardly trained for two weeks and haven't done a long run for about a month. Getting a bit worried now.

Great pics Joanna. Am going to love the scenery, though not so sure about the cattle grids!
161 to 180 of 463 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.