SaabSalomon Turbo-X Trails, Poppyhill

61 to 80 of 182 messages
08/09/2008 at 22:34
anyone els thinking of taking arm bands and a snorkel .been a lot of rain. can't wait if it's half as good as hellrunner it will be fantastic.And I think the kids are up for doing the fun run so happy days all round.see you all there
10/09/2008 at 13:54

I didn't know what I was letting myself in for when I signed up for this, and have been having second thoughts - but the comments from all of you guys have made it sounds like so much fun, that I will definitely be there - although I am still a little worried about the spiders.......

Never done anything like this before, so just hope I make it back in one piece!

10/09/2008 at 14:46
you'll love it. when you see the mud, just jump in and forget about finishing in a particular time - it's the best way
10/09/2008 at 17:15

Hey Louisa,

I am in the same boat as you.  I am also taking the advice of mdunn77 and forgetting about the time - I am just going to (hopefully) enjoy it for what it is.  Its good to know that I am not the only novice at this.

10/09/2008 at 17:55

Jumping in the mud sounds like a good strategy to me   

I spoke to a friend and he advised pretty much the same - he also said that all the mud etc. takes your mind off how far you are running and makes it more fun!! 

It's nice to know I'm not the only novice Leisa!  Best of luck!

10/09/2008 at 19:16
We'll be like a pair of kids, splashing around in the puddles (or waist deep) and rolling in the mud.  I just hope it is not too cold.  I would rather have a downpour to add to the fun but be warm.  Best of luck to you too Louisa.
10/09/2008 at 19:22
careful now - any more talk of you two ladies rolling around in mud together and this event will get massively over-subscribed
10/09/2008 at 21:38
Dam it I not running now just spectating
11/09/2008 at 19:12

Does anyone know if I will get away with road trainers as my trail ones are on there way out the laces are breaking the eyelets might try and and tape them on as well. just don't want to end up running bare foot .

11/09/2008 at 19:55
ICKU - during the first half you may wish for your trail shoes, but once you hit the bogs there'll be little difference.. your shoes will be muddy, wet and slippy whatever you wear. trail shoes with bigger grips on the soles often collect more mud than road shoes so there's little difference in these sort of races.
21/09/2008 at 17:43
oh god don't tell me it's NEXT weekend , I think I might need a push the last few miles. can someone please confirm this is 10 miles like it says on here or is it 11/ 12 miles like it says on the turbo x site . I know i'm probley clutching at straws and runners world is wrong oh well whats another 2 lllllllllong miles full of slushy slimmy mud going to do !! think I have a tear in my eye LOL . cant wait I must admit not trained half as much as I should but hey thats half the fun . I really should know beter at 38 but hey bring on the mud !!!!!!!!!! good luck all hope everyone has a good race  
22/09/2008 at 09:02
Well, I have just done the Windsor Half yesterday after obviously not enough training!  It was really tough and that didn't have mud or water just lovely road surface.  I am really aching now so I hope it will only be 10 miles, cant back out now as I am doing it with a friend.
22/09/2008 at 09:34

The final route is going to be on the longer side of the range - that's all I'm allowed to say as the mystery is all part of the experience

22/09/2008 at 12:33

Great, nice easy 12 miles then. Any ideas on whether or not i will need my snorkel???

22/09/2008 at 12:55
It's pretty wet in the Turbo X zone but I don't think anyone will be over their heads in it  
22/09/2008 at 15:36
I did the Windsor Half Marathon slowly yesterday.  My preparation stood me in good stead
22/09/2008 at 15:42
part 2 of message.......................This means I'm not dead today !   From now on anything less than 13.1 miles has got to be easier !  I had my GPS on and a Windsor mile is about 1.1 regular miles.  See y'all on Saturday.  I'll be wearing regular (Brooks Glycerin 6) running shoes.  I've done the G3 so I'm used to cross country.  If I get through this I'll enter the Hell Run on 16 November.
22/09/2008 at 16:43
Thanks for the info Mike - Will have Snorkel and Speedos at the ready!!!!!
22/09/2008 at 17:36
Yeh right Debbie 13.1 miles Equates to around tap tap tap ( thats the sound of my caculator ) 9.89 miles off road in the amount of effort required LOL .So 12 ISH miles comes out about 5000 miles at in road terms. Got my flippers at hand bring on the Turbo X Zone . think I'm getting a dodgy tummy perhaps I maybe lucky and not be able to make it 
22/09/2008 at 17:43

Good news - my colleague has owned up that the route is 17km give or take a bit for Garmins not reading properly under trees.

If you haven't got a didgy tummy before you will have after - who knows what is at the bottom of the primeval bogs

61 to 80 of 182 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.