SaabSalomon Turbo-X Trails, Poppyhill

81 to 100 of 182 messages
22/09/2008 at 17:55
I did alot of training before the Windsor Half too and I still ache.  Hopefully feel better tomorrow, its just my quads, feel like I am walking through mud already.   I think its my fault as I forgot to stretch yesterday and having a 2 week holiday 2 weeks before hand.    Debbie, did you say, see you Saturday - Isn't it on Sunday? I'm sure it is on Sunday.
22/09/2008 at 18:07

Can't wait mike do you think there might be some  t-rex bone's in the boggy bits  . Think I might play the turn up on saturday card !!! You Girls are mad half marathon last weekend turbo x this weekend whats next week , wish I had the energy

22/09/2008 at 18:21
17km - that's not so bad then. I did a 14 mile off road stage in the Round Norfolk Relay on Saturday morning and thanks to my stupid looking skins powersox things my legs aren't in such bad shape post-race for a change.. might have a leg turner or two this week before this, but nothing too serious.
22/09/2008 at 18:29
Nutters the lot of you !!!!
23/09/2008 at 08:49

Yeah, Sunday 28 September it is.  Do we get our race numbers on the day as mine hasn't arrived in the post yet.  What are the parking arrangements ?  Windsor Half Marathon followed by Turbo X on consecutive weekends ?   Psychiatric reports are pending.................

Also, I'm marshalling at the Extreme Terrain Festival on Saturday 27 September.  Well about as extreme as Hawley Lake near Camberley gets !  I have to be there by 7am latest, which means getting up earlier than I do for work.

Good luck all !

23/09/2008 at 08:59
I Rest my case  (nutters). I think 2 races in the same year is a bit extreme LOL.
23/09/2008 at 09:39
Debbie - numbers have already been sent out, so if you've not had yours, you might want to give 2:09 events a call.
23/09/2008 at 13:09

mdunn77.  I just did that and I will collect my race number on the day, 2:09 will e-mail race instructions to me.  Get ready for a 10am start !  BTW I can't keep up, on 12 Oct I'm in the Royal Parks Half marathon, there's a 10km cross country on 25 October, then the November and December race programme that I've created for myself will play through.   

23/09/2008 at 17:47

Hey Debbie

Your A nutter, wish I had the funds to do that many events (not that I would if i had) like my knees and ankles tooooooooooo much LOL .got my number

24/09/2008 at 10:10
Only 17km, oh well need to clock up a few miles during the week then as meant to be doing 16miler this weekend.
24/09/2008 at 15:41
I dream about 116 miler's , sorry I mean I have nightmare's about 16 miler's
24/09/2008 at 16:27
Good luck mr immune.  What's your re-fuelling plan for this ?  I had a cream cheese and marmite sandwich after running for an hour at the Windsor Half.  Followed by peanuts and raisins an hour later.  What's wrong with a picnic in Windsor Great Park on a Sunday afternoon ?  I drank at the water stations (as well as having my own water) and got the lucozade they were handing out too !  It took me 2hrs 51mins to do the half marathon, 16 miles is even more of a challenge - good on ya !  I'm doing 4 miles tomorrow & Friday as part of taper for the Tubo X.
24/09/2008 at 18:16

OK, I am a nutter!  It sounded like a good idea while I was sat at my warm cozy desk thinking about what races I could do in the future.  Anyway finished the Windsor in 2:05 which was not as good as I was hoping but will probably finish the Turbo X in 3:45 if I am lucky!  Also have races booked starting 11th Oct for the Chiltern X country league.

Advice needed:  Do you think it will be ok to wear a garmin watch or not advisable?

Will there be photos taken that we can purchase?

24/09/2008 at 19:46
Leisa - I wore my garmin when I did the first Turbo-X in May with no problems. Unless you manage to lose your footing, the mud etc won't be much worse than thigh deep in the worst places so you should be ok.

Pics - there were during the last one ( I'll dig some links out so you can get an idea of the mud) so I expect there will be again.
24/09/2008 at 21:44

Thank you.  I would like a photo as a momento of the day even if I dont manage to finish the course. 

24/09/2008 at 22:25
here's a great pic rom the May event

http://www.philoconnor.com/saab/259b-SSXT2.jpg

25/09/2008 at 13:40
I'm not going to wear my Garmin watch at the Turbo X, if I stumble in the mud and put my hands out before I fall over, that will be the end of my Garmin.  This is the 2nd Garmin I've had as I accidentally dropped the other one on concrete and the LED display died !  I bought a reconditioned one but I'm bidding on e-bay for a 305 as I fancy an upgrade.   I'll use an old Polar watch.  It's only good for its'  time keeping function as I lost the hrm transmitter when it fell off when I was running.  Once two hours have gone by I should be near the finish line. 
25/09/2008 at 14:48
The mud might have only been thigh deep for you MD77 but it was a lot higher on me !!
25/09/2008 at 15:44
well ok, really it was only knee deep for me, so...
25/09/2008 at 17:48
Heavens I am even shorter than I thought I was - it was over my waist at the last "stream"  
81 to 100 of 182 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.