Salisbury 54321

Traveling from London

41 to 52 of 52 messages
13/08/2014 at 06:40

Hi Kallum, ok, on looking I think it's only my wrist that has been in contact, the others redness looks like chaffing from clothing, i'll go to docs anyway to be on the safe side! Not good if lots of people have got this, glad i was so covered up now!

13/08/2014 at 07:23

Oh wow I was baffled as to how/what I burned the back of my hand with- small red patch yesterday, now blisters. 

What's the advice if the affected area is only small? Will it heal on its own?

13/08/2014 at 07:41

Hey All- yes I've got nasty blisters & redness on my thighs & some on my forearm. Really uncomfortable- I'll be going to see my GP this morning & will report back. If anyone else seeks medical advice (which sounds like a good idea), please post the outcome! I'm trying not to panic- yes, if you go online they mention all kinds of catastrophic possible reactions but I'm hoping that's the worst case scenario...If I end up with a few battle scars so be it...!

13/08/2014 at 07:45
Just seen nurse at the surgery and she said there's not a lot they can do, it's only the size of a 10p coin on my wrist, very sore like a burn, but she said not a lot they can really do as I don't feel ill!
13/08/2014 at 07:47

Thanks Dank-art- I'm thinking they'll probably say the same but would appreciate some ointment etc to relieve pain!

13/08/2014 at 08:00

Also have blistering on the top of my arm and have no idea how i got it.  Don't feel diseased.

Guess it will go away in a week or so.

13/08/2014 at 09:19

I have put antiseptic cream on it, seems to work ok, bit concerning no one mentioned the plant, especially if it's known about and prolific in the area, could lead to blindness!

13/08/2014 at 09:25

Yes, the blindness thing was bit worrying...do hope antiseptic works for you- I seem to have had quite a bad reaction so will see GP this morning & I think the photosensitivity issue might be something to bear in mind for future ie, always wearing sunblock (do that anyway) & also remember to bring a machete on trail runs.

13/08/2014 at 09:32

I've been down the pharmacy and been given some Hydrocortisone cream and antihistamines. They said if the blisters burst to switch to an antihistamine cream and not to use the Hydrocortisone on broken skin. 

13/08/2014 at 11:02

Hi all anyone know if there are any photos to see and where to go to view them?

13/08/2014 at 11:36
Was given antihistamine tablets and told to notbuse suncream actually as adding chemicals to the mix can irritate further. Also told to leave blisters to go down on their own rather than lancing. So keeping myself covered for the next week. Docs not able to do much it seems just relieve any pain thats there.
If it is indeed that plant its not common I think we may have just been unlucky after the weather and it may have ended up overhanging a path.
13/08/2014 at 11:42

Only photos of my blistered thighs... No I can't find any photos online. Looked on website organiser quoted but nothing yet.

GP has prescribed steroid cream, Boots didn't have it but sold me same cream in smaller tube (can sell over counter in smaller amounts)- it's called Eumovate (important ingredient is clobetasone 0.05%). GP also advised to continue with anti histamine tablets- she wasn't overly concerned as not infected but I would think it's best to get some kind of cream to avoid infection & subsequent possible scarring.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.