Salomon Rivington Trail Half-Marathon

Hilly, Muddy and Blimmin Hard, but so much fun

21 to 25 of 25 messages
30/09/2011 at 13:13
I will be there, but I am doing the rain dance at the moment as sunshine and running don't combine well with me normally !!!! Coming back off an injury hit season, so I will be using this as a nice little training race ... enjoy the views, share some banter and generally smile and grimace in equal measures.
02/10/2011 at 11:20

WOW, that was a hot day out  ..... phew ..... 2hr 08mins for me and 196/356 on a course that doesn't suit me and with not that much training either .....  I am happy with that --- here is the route from my Garmin.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/465350/gallery/2011_10_01_rivington_trail_half_marathon.png?width=350&height=210&mode=max

02/10/2011 at 17:14
I got 2hrs 15 mins/240th place. Considering that was my first off road ever (no training, silly me... tut!) and first half, I'm happy. nice benchmark for next year! Currently say nursing all kinds of muscular/tendon aches. will definitely have to train properly next time.

cracking goody bag, i have to say! You can wear a tech t shirt with a certain amount of pride, wear a medal and people think you're showing off!

Cheers for the garmin, nice to see just what killed me!
02/10/2011 at 23:33
Well that was one to remember! A killer steep uphill for the first mile or so and nothing like flat after that, but  can't say i wasn't expecting that. What i wasn't expecting was the heat. A lovely day but not so good for this sort of thing! Still, pleased to creep under 2hrs[1.59.39] but more attention to hill reps if i do it again. It's a lovely run though and the organisation was spot on.
03/10/2011 at 08:55

See I always said it was a big hill!!

I was really enjoying it until the water station at White Coppice - no water! Did manage to get some at the final station at the bottom of the bridle path though so that was okay.

Think they must have radioed back to HQ for more supplies as I then got offered water by every marshall I passed!

Delighted to knock 7 minutes off last year's time though very disappointed with the unisex (enormous) t-shirts. Not a patch on last year's for quality and fit.

Well done to everyone who ran and hope it's a bit cooler next year. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.