Salzburg Marathon - 30 April 06

The hills were alive with the sound of marathon runners pounding the streets ...

1 message
02/05/2006 at 13:14
I entered this one as compensation for not getting into FLM again - and did 3:41:22 - a pb for me by 14 minutes and a GFA for my efforts !!!

It was a completely flat, 2 lap course through Salzburg and surrounding areas - with stunning views of snow-capped mountains all round. Small-ish field of around 400 for the full and there was a half too, so the second lap was rather empty, but there was enthusiastic local support which helped.

I'd been hoping for sub 3:45 and decided to push the first half, see how I was doing at 1/2 way and take it from there. I
did the first 1/2 in 1:50:32, realised I was on for a GFA and then managed the second in 1:50:49.

There was a kids fun run too so my daughter did her first international event (came 5th in the U12 section) and was thrilled with her medal and T-shirt !

A very well organised event in a beautiful city - I'd recommend it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.