Santa Dash 5K

Who's up for this one then?

61 to 80 of 98 messages
24/11/2006 at 18:33
ES/ST
They must be available Derek Mountfield (ex everton) started the race last year and he had one. Have you tried the Everton shop? Be careful I 'googled' blue santa suit and got a hit that cost $119.
24/11/2006 at 19:46
Where"s me suit I need to practice!!"Hopefuls" BaH Humbug....HoHoHo
25/11/2006 at 15:24
Can you help us with our campaign? We are currently trying to put pressure on to the powers that be, to get a Marathon Event staged in Liverpool in 2008.

We have an online petition and are asking as many runners as possible to support the cause.

Thanks

Sign the petition now

Also visit our blog at:

Blog
27/11/2006 at 18:49
Article in the local press tonight for those that don’t get it, here is the link….

Santa Dash article
27/11/2006 at 18:51
Doh! techincal error!

Here is the web adress anyway

www.icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/liverpoolecho/news/echonews/tm_method=full%26objectid=18166384%26siteid=50061-name_page.html
27/11/2006 at 19:16
http://videos.icnetwork.co.uk/icliverpool/dashroute.jpg just checked the route takes in parliament street, there goes my shot at a quick 5k anyway! been having a few achillies problems so will have to see how it feels towards the end of the week before i decide whether to go quick or not...
28/11/2006 at 13:02
The slower the better for this one in my book - gives you more time to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy viewing the sea of Santas and the humorous sights around you.

No point in pegging it round and missing out on all the fun (but I would say that because I don't get above slow even when I am trying!!)

My Santa suit arrived this morning, which I was quite pleased with as I only sent my application off right on the closing date.

Only problem is that my mate with whom I was supposed to be doing this has just torn his calf muscle and is on crutches, so that's him well and truly out of action - unless of course he doesn't mind us adopting the idea given by Toffee earlier, of us doing an Andy and Lou from Little Britain and I'll push him round in a wheelchair!!
28/11/2006 at 14:08
I've just signposted my immobile mate to the suggestion that I made in my previous posting. He's just phoned me back to say that he's up for it, as long as I don't mind pushing him round for 3 miles! So as long as I can get the use of a wheelchair for the morning, it looks as if we're going to be game for a laugh!!

The positive spin off from this, apart from it being a little bit out of the ordinary, is that he can still take part in the event, as he was severely hacked off about the prospect of not being able to do it. Also, his daughter who had been looking forward to it immensely will now be delighted, as she was due to do this with him for the 1st time this year. And it means that there should be a couple more who will compete and complete, which will hopefully help in the count towards any sort of a record attempt.

Where there's a will there's a way and all that! But all of this makes the 1st sentence of my previous posting even more apt..."the slower the better"...I don't think I really have a choice in the matter now! We'll be back markers with the reindeers and sleighs...but quite frankly I'm not bothered one bit... it's just great to be able to get out there and be a part of it!!
01/12/2006 at 07:22
Boycs - I'm also slow and it took me a year to run faster than Mick n Phil. This might inspire you - Mick n Phil
Mick managed a mara this summer in 4:06 pushing Phil and usually polishes off a half mara in about 1:50.

See you all Sunday! - I'll be the one in a santa suit :)
02/12/2006 at 18:11
Any last minute suggestions on the best place to park please?
02/12/2006 at 20:31
Taking place in the race tomorrow at short notice, got a text to say there was a spare application pack and suit going spare from a friend so am going to participate

Have done no training what so ever so as long as I finish in one piece I will be ok..lol

Hope this years race is as good as last years and bring on the world record
02/12/2006 at 20:50
AnnieMatilda

For last years race we parked in the car park in Pall Mall if I am correct and it was only a short walk to the race
02/12/2006 at 21:10
Costco carpark was where i parked last year- was free and only a 2 minute walk to the start
02/12/2006 at 22:06
Thanks for that info Dave and Moses.

Dave you won't get a chance to go fast anyway so just enjoy the atmosphere. My 8 year old grandson says he wants to enter the mini-dash but it is too late now so I will bring him next year if he still wants to. Am I right in thinking that there are no entries on the day?
02/12/2006 at 23:09
annie - he should be ok to enter on the day...but get there early - http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/liverpoolecho/santadash/tm_headline=get-on-your-marks-for-santa-dash%26method=full%26objectid=18192512%26page=1%26siteid=50061-name_page.html
"We are signing runners up on the day too so last-minute Santa sprinters will help boost the ranks."
02/12/2006 at 23:25
Nice link length Toffeee rofl ;-)

Pug
03/12/2006 at 14:20
really enjoyed that today had a laugh, it was a bit windy though! sorry to the person i knocked over on the way back, there was nothing i could do about it...
03/12/2006 at 15:55
Does anybody know whether we managed to break the World Record? Or are they still counting the numbers?

Weather stayed good for the race and really enjoyed it. Not very comfortable running in the Santa outfit though.
03/12/2006 at 16:01
We were very lucky with the weather especially when you look at the rain and winds that we have here at the moment. I thoroughly enjoyed myself even if it was the slowest 5k I've ever done. I wonder if we will be on the TV.
03/12/2006 at 16:39
It will probably take them a while to see if the record has been broken as it took ages after last years event to see if Liverpool got the record

When do Las Vegas try and break the record?
61 to 80 of 98 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.