Sarsen Trail, Neolithic Marathon and Cycle Ride - Wilts

has anyone done it? going to do it?

21 to 40 of 89 messages
12/04/2013 at 13:47
What's ur other excuse Df3? your g/f was holding you back?
20/04/2013 at 09:00
Just 2 weeks to go . Anyone else entered?
20/04/2013 at 10:34

Running entries close on the 22nd!!

20/04/2013 at 10:56

Running it for the second time, probably hang around at the end to see DF3 finish

20/04/2013 at 12:55
Jim Ehlert wrote (see)

Running entries close on the 22nd!!

2 days left to enter

20/04/2013 at 12:55
pinkbug wrote (see)

Running it for the second time, probably hang around at the end to see DF3 finish

20/04/2013 at 13:28

.........unless he beats me

20/04/2013 at 13:28

what time you aiming at pinkbug?

20/04/2013 at 13:38

hopefully between 4-5 hours!! 

20/04/2013 at 13:48

i think DF3 will be finishing closer to 5 hours so i don't think that he will beat you

MC5
25/04/2013 at 16:31

Hi everyone. Haven't done the S.T. before; looking at my race pack for next weekend it says the water stops will have water only. Guessing that means no energy drinks / food etc. Do many people run this with a trail backpack?

Edited: 25/04/2013 at 16:31
29/04/2013 at 20:57

6 days to go!

is everyone tapering and carb loading?

29/04/2013 at 21:13

I'm in for this one it will be nice to get off the roads

29/04/2013 at 21:30
EKGO wrote (see)

I'm in for this one it will be nice to get off the roads

maybe see you on sunday then. Hopefully the weather will be nice as the route looks lovely.

29/04/2013 at 21:46

What's the weather going to be, Manchester was cool and dry just about right

29/04/2013 at 22:10
EKGO wrote (see)

hopefully it will be like this on Sunday. You are coming down from Manchester? That is a long way....

30/04/2013 at 09:20

Hya Yes its a trek but it looks like it could be worth it, it'll be three Marathon Sundays on the trot so I'll be coating this one, I'll stay in Swindon on the Saturday and drive home afterwards

30/04/2013 at 20:01
EKGO wrote (see)

EKGO wrote (see)

Hya Yes its a trek but it looks like it could be worth it, it'll be three Marathon Sundays on the trot so I'll be coating this one, I'll stay in Swindon on the Saturday and drive home afterwards

That a lot of Marathon weekends. Sorry I cannot comment on the event as I have never done it before, (its my first Marathon anyway) According to my phone the weather for Sunday is sunny at 14  celsius. Hopefully it wont change

01/05/2013 at 16:15
MC5 wrote (see)

Hi everyone. Haven't done the S.T. before; looking at my race pack for next weekend it says the water stops will have water only. Guessing that means no energy drinks / food etc. Do many people run this with a trail backpack?

Hi All.   Like MC5, I'm interested in what to take - was planning on a small backpack (or waist pack) with a couple of bars and gels, some ibruprofen and foot tape which is what I take when I'm out by myself.  Don't see any reason to change that.  I was thinking a roll up bottle migh be handy to fill up from the water stations.  Any advice welcome.

It's my first marathon and first post on this forum so go easy on me!

Rich

01/05/2013 at 16:45
Rich Cassidy wrote (see)
MC5 wrote (see)

Hi All.   Like MC5, I'm interested in what to take - was planning on a small backpack (or waist pack) with a couple of bars and gels, some ibruprofen and foot tape which is what I take when I'm out by myself.  Don't see any reason to change that.  I was thinking a roll up bottle migh be handy to fill up from the water stations.  Any advice welcome.

It's my first marathon and first post on this forum so go easy on me!

Rich

Hi MC3 and Rich

Welcome

Sorry this is also my first Marathon so I 'm probably not the best person to give advise on what to take but I though I let you know what I will be taking.

I will take a waist pack and a water bottle. As it looks like that only water is available at the drinks stations I will take some High5 tablets with me which I can put in the bottle when i re-fill it at the stations. I will also take Jelly babies and Glucose tablets and a couple of protein bars. I will also take blister plasters in my waist pack. i will also take other items such a sunscreen to put on before the race, sunglasses, cap etc

hope it helps a bit

See you Sunday

21 to 40 of 89 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.