Sarsen Trail, Neolithic Marathon and Cycle Ride - Wilts

has anyone done it? going to do it?

81 to 97 of 97 messages
05/05/2013 at 18:24

My husband has come back from todays run with a nice sun tan.

He said it was quite brutal out there in places with the hills never ending ( or so it seemed. )  well done on your time Jindalee, he said you and DF3 looked very nervous

at the start.  

05/05/2013 at 18:26
Thanks literatin yes I did enjoy it as I'm not a fast runner it's nice to have a run around nice country side and see different things. Not sure I'm going for the full marathon distance as it's in 3 months time. But will see how I feel in a few days will def enter as it's close to me as well.
05/05/2013 at 18:29
Thanks harrys mate. Not sure I was lookin nervous. Think it was more jumping around keeping warm as we got there quite early. Why did your hubby not come over and say hello? Would have loved to meet him.
05/05/2013 at 19:03

I'm probabaly going to enter the 50k again. all of the routes run past some great scenery. DF3 can always do the 10k. 

I tend to do it every year now as its cheap to enter and just down the road from my house. 

05/05/2013 at 19:07
Hi Millsy. I think it would be half marathon or 30 k for me It its that close to you I think I would def have you seen out running as its not far from us either
05/05/2013 at 21:20

Hi I looked for you at the start didn't see you, I got bogged down at the start and got away slow. Well done on the time, I came home in about 5:12 I think I passed DF at about 13 was he wearing green? He had DF  on his back so I assume it was him

05/05/2013 at 21:26

Hi Ekgo. Sorry i was looking out for you but couldn't spot you either. Hope you made it home ok. Well done on your time!! Must have been hard doing this one after   2 other ones the previous weekends. Hope you enjoyed it.

Yes you passed DF3. he was wearing green and had DF3 on this shirt 

Edited: 05/05/2013 at 21:26
05/05/2013 at 21:29

It was hard work, I've Ian two week rest now before the next one must check results, I had a better second half those first hills took it out of me 

05/05/2013 at 21:41
Yes think you should def get some rest. I preferred the first half actually. Was not fond of the ground in the second half with all the stones on the ground.
06/05/2013 at 13:09
Jindalee wrote (see)
Yes think you should def get some rest. I preferred the first half actually. Was not fond of the ground in the second half with all the stones on the ground.

Well done everyone - I reckon that was reasonably tough coures and much hotter than advertised!  Good to meet lots of new faces while running - friendly lot trail runners  Great to meet Jindalee too - thanks for making the effort to say hello

Same time next year anyone?!

Actually, I've got the small matter of the Salisbury 54321 50k in August but's probably another thread!

Great learning curve for a first marathon though.  The last 9km got me understanding Steve Redgrave's famous quote  "if you ever see me getting a boat again you have permission top shoot me!".  But 15mins after finishing I wanted to better my time in the next run!!

06/05/2013 at 14:34
Hi Rich

Was good to meet you. Glad that you enjoyed the day. Hmm Salisbury 54321 is def on my list too but we should open another thread for it.
06/05/2013 at 16:07

Really enjoyed running from Avebury to Stonhenge yesterday.  The sunshire was relentless  and so were the hills.  Fair play to all of those who completed it  no matter

how long it took or how much of it was walked.   I

my next booked race is running along a wall built by Adrian and his mates up north somewhere.  Two dayer that one is.  Should be Fun.

06/05/2013 at 16:31

I'm in for that as well, but giving it a go in one again, I did it last year and it won, I limped the last 10 miles home, this year I want to finish it better and quicker

06/05/2013 at 16:37

Did you say you won it last year EKGO ?

06/05/2013 at 17:22

You're kidding, the Wall won, good and proper. I nearly had to drop out, got a hip injury that lasted three months and remains undiagnosed. I promised myself 18 hours last year and took 20, this time I'm simply aiming to bring it down.

07/05/2013 at 13:56
Results are up.

... Dont crash the site
07/05/2013 at 14:05

Oh dear. I notice DF3 didn't come in the top half.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 97 of 97 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.