Scenic 6

10 messages
16/03/2005 at 11:38
Just entered this one as my birthday race. Has anyone got any comments about it that I should know about please (like what does multiterrain mean in this context?)
30/03/2005 at 11:03

I haven't done it before either but read the web site and it says first mile or so is on road then off-road for the rest of the race.

hope you have a good race.
Crash Hamster    pirate
30/03/2005 at 13:02
If they haven't changed the course this year...

the first mile is on-road and mostly gently downhill (I think...)

then it's up a farm track, across a footbridge which is only 1 runner wide and causes a bottleneck, across fields, some grassed some planted and hence muddy, down another farm track (wet and rutted), onto what I guess is the floodplain of Piddle Brook (sort of water meadow, a bit squelchy) then back up to the finish.

It's not a killer M/T race, just a nice run in the countryside. If you're going for a time (which I'm not) get a fast start to avoid the bridge queue...
31/03/2005 at 09:12
Time? i'll probably have a hangover and be lucky to finish...
31/03/2005 at 09:38
I rad the information and it appears they you don't have to go over the bridge anymore.
04/04/2005 at 10:06
I was the second from last runner who was caked in mud.

A success for me then - wouldn't have been happy unless I took half the course home with me
Crash Hamster    pirate
04/04/2005 at 10:53
Ok, so 'twas a COMPLETELY different course... :o)

Not sure about the first couple of miles on-road; that is pretty hard on us fat over-pronators in trail shoes...

It did liven up once we got into a bit of squelch though and a good time was had by all...
04/04/2005 at 11:20
It was my first Cross country so I was a bit taken aback, but it was very good fun, even though I had to mince a bit
Crash Hamster    pirate
04/04/2005 at 11:22
Well done Puff, glad you enjoyed it :o) Are you signing up for more?

As a confirmed plodder, I find that any XC/multi-terrain/off road race suits me perfectly. The faster runners are slowed down by the conditions, whereas I can't get much slower :o)
04/04/2005 at 11:25
give me time to work out if the mud will come out of kit first, hamster!

it's put me off tough guy, that's for sure :o)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.