Scorton Bikes and Barrows 10k

any info?

6 messages
20/03/2012 at 11:56
What`s this one like? And why`s it called `Bikes and Barrows`?
20/03/2012 at 13:00

Hi, its called "Bikes and Barrows" because the village puts on a weeks event where outside houses there are displays of decorated bikes and wheelbarrows! Sounds mad doesn't it! I went last year and was quite impressed at the effort the village went too. (plus there are some great little cafes!!)

I helped to find a route which has been accurately measured, it is all on small country roads and doesn't use any other local race route so is new to everybody. It is fairly hilly run but what you go up you do come down! I will try and post a link to the route on here when I get chance.

Please come along and support the race. All proceeds will be going to support village projects

20/03/2012 at 13:17

http://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_1858358.html  Hope this link work (this is a quick idea of where the route runs!)

Enjoy!

Edited: 20/03/2012 at 13:18
20/03/2012 at 17:00
Thanks. I`m tempted as I`m intending to be in Preston for the Guild 5 k on the Monday!
26/04/2012 at 22:04

how hilly is hilly!

26/04/2012 at 23:47
you can still enter online at www.ukroadraces.info up to friday night

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.