Serpentine New Year's Day 10K

21 to 29 of 29 messages
01/01/2013 at 23:33

enjoyed that

free parking wasnt a problem at all

08/12/2015 at 13:09

Bumping the thread to mention that entries are still open for the Serpentine New Year's Day 10k 2016 - kindly sponsored this year by Start Fitness. Expect to close 20th December.

Same friendly race with fast, flat course. Hope to see you there!

08/12/2015 at 14:35
Is there a nice technical tshirt as a memento for finishers? I did look at the serpentine website but couldn't see one mentioned.

Thanks.
08/12/2015 at 18:13
Hi VDOT52. There is a medal for all 10k and 3k fun run finishers, and an additional memento for all completing the 10k, but no T-Shirt.

Please do message me or mail nyd10k@serpentine.org.uk if you have any further questions.
08/12/2015 at 19:29
Thanks for the swift reply wizlyn.

It's s shame about the lack of s tshirt as that is one of my 3 deciding factors when it comes to entering a race (as is price and location which are both bang on).

I'd have imagined that Start Fitness could in future sort out some shirts for next to nothing.

Cheers.
10/12/2015 at 12:50

Sorry to disappoint on the t-shirt front, VDOT52.

Start Fitness have been great - and have helped us out on a number of things.

You struck the nail on the head when you described the race - our priority is to put on a great race in a fantastic location, for a really reasonable charge - which means we need to strike a balance around gifts/prizes.

10/12/2015 at 12:57
Aside from my preference, the trick with s tshirt is that it is great advertising. People don't wear medals for training runs or to parkrun. Tshirts create a conversation and generate interest,

If it is the same course as the winter series 10k then it'll be a good run.

Best of luck.
12/12/2015 at 15:29
Flat and fast, 2014 was poor weather and I ran shocking which didn't help..

I travelled up from Southampton via coach and had no troubles getting to the park even with winter wonderland on

May consider going back this year actually, well next year
13/12/2015 at 13:12
Scott, it should be a good race with plenty of good runners there to spur you on. I'm not training because I've been ill but I've earmarked that course for a PB attempt early next year.

I hope the weather is good this year for you.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.