Shakespeare Marathon Waiting List

1 to 20 of 277 messages
12/02/2010 at 19:04

There are already several of us waiting for a place to become available.  So starting this thread so that everyone who's missed out can put their name on the waiting list. The organisers are quite happy for runners to give their numbers to other people if they have to drop out...as long as they make sure they let the race organisers know all the relevent details.

Here is the list of people waiting so far. Update the list if you get a place.

1. Runner 33

2. Rick Hole

3. Runningrl88

4. gymfreak

List of people with a place they no longer need (contact the first on the above list)

1. watson24

This is what the organisers say:

"Entrants are permitted to Transfer their entry to another person and so if you now want to enter the Full Marathon, you will have to find someone with a Full Marathon entry who cannot run. This must be done strictly in accordance with our terms – please see Transfer Request form under Entry Forms on our website and FAQ 2. The Runners World forum for our event may be a good place to look but you must note that it is up to you and the transferor to agree terms and we must then approve the transfer. "

Edited: 12/02/2010 at 19:44
14/02/2010 at 15:41
Can watson 24 contact me please so I can make the exchange?  Rick thanks for your help in this.
15/02/2010 at 03:03
Thanks rick for setting this up!  Seems like the fair way to do things.  Again my contact information is hmhammell@gmail.com  I'm happy to negotiate a generous/ fair compensation for the entry transfer.  Thanks!
15/02/2010 at 20:58

Thanks for setting up this waiting list Rick. Please can you add my self to the list. My contact details are /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]aul.holgate@bt.com]paul.holgate@bt.com. Many thanks. Paul

15/02/2010 at 22:09

1. Runner 33

2. Rick Hole

3. Runningrl88

4. gymfreak

5. Paul Holgate

17/02/2010 at 09:01
Hi Rick. Can you add Richard Bate to the list also. Many thanks. Paul
seren nos    pirate
17/02/2010 at 10:08
runningrl88 wrote (see)
Thanks rick for setting this up!  Seems like the fair way to do things.  Again my contact information is hmhammell@gmail.com  I'm happy to negotiate a generous/ fair compensation for the entry transfer.  Thanks!

not sure why you need to negotiate anything........for abingdon everyone just swapped for the price that was paid so that it was fair for everyone..You are sounding like a ticket toute
LIVERBIRD    pirate
17/02/2010 at 10:18

I was lucky enough to run this last year, without all the faff of a list.

I applied on time

17/02/2010 at 13:04

Not another, sigh.

Please, anyone who wants to be added to the list, copy the latest list above and add yourself to the bottom. When you get a place, delete yourself from the list.

Good luck.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
17/02/2010 at 13:07
Rick Hole wrote (see)

Not another, sigh.

Please, anyone who wants to be added to the list, copy the latest list above and add yourself to the bottom. When you get a place, delete yourself from the list.

Good luck.

Funnily enough, that what WE think when we hear how gutted you are not to have a place. It's not rocket science - decide what race you want to do, make a note of when it opens and then book it.
17/02/2010 at 13:08

2. Rick Hole

3. Runningrl88

4. gymfreak

5. Paul Holgate

I've got watsons24 place.  Good luck everyone. 

18/02/2010 at 13:25
Ticket price is fine with me.  I'm not sure exactly what a ticket toute is...  but I can assure you I just want to be fair.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
18/02/2010 at 13:41

Just in case you haven't done it before guys and you DO get in....

Finisher's t-shirts are sold separately on a stand at the start/finish area. If you wait until you've completed the course to buy one (if indeed you want one) your choice will be limited and you're unlikely to get a wicking one as they sold out really quickly.

I was a bit disappointed with my cotton one but it was my first marathon and I had to have it.

18/02/2010 at 18:36

1. Rick Hole

2. Runningrl88

3. gymfreak

4. Paul Holgate

5. Ally Ducker (contact me at allyducker@yahoo.com)

I'm really hoping I can get in!  I'm only in the UK for 5 months to study.  I'd desperatly love to run a marathon while I'm here Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get a spot.

22/02/2010 at 20:42
1. Rick Hole

2. Runningrl88

3. gymfreak

4. Paul Holgate

6. Paul Ogden

7. Shirley Ogden

Hope someone is able to provide a place - good luck everyone - we have learnt the lesson and will apply much earlier next year! thanks.
23/02/2010 at 09:32
thanks for setting this up guys.
24/02/2010 at 11:26

1. Rick Hole

2. Runningrl88

3. gymfreak

4. Paul Holgate

6. Paul Ogden

7. Shirley Ogden

8, Lake

Fingers crossed!

24/02/2010 at 19:32

1. Rick Hole

2. Runningrl88

3. gymfreak

4. Paul Holgate

6. Paul Ogden

7. Shirley Ogden

8, Lake

9. Henry Quinney (henryquinney@hotmail.com)

24/02/2010 at 22:44

Keep them coming. Although we have only one "winner" so far, as we approach the big day more and more people will realise that they will not be able to run this race. It is natural that with two months almost everyone is still expecting to run.

Please, anyone dropping out, please transfer your entry to the first person on the list and get your hard-earned entry money back.

25/02/2010 at 13:15

I have an entry going spare due to injury   ,  it would be some consolation if someone else can run instead as I have amazing memories of running it last year. 

Rick, if youre still top of the list how do we go about making the transfer? i've got entry no 3231 ...

I know someone else who may also be forced to withdraw,  i'll find out asap

1 to 20 of 277 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.