Shakespeare Marathon Waiting List

201 to 220 of 277 messages
09/04/2010 at 10:42
Last post:

ANYONE WISHING TO SELL THEIR PLACE; Please contact the person at the top of the list, if they don't respond within 48 hours then contact the next person on the list. Please leave a post on this thread keeping everyone informed of your actions.

ALL THOSE ALREADY ON THE LIST; It's in your interest to check this thread regularly especially as race day is approaching! Once you have received a place, please update the list accordingly.

ALL THOSE WISHING TO JOIN THE LIST; Simply copy and paste the most recent version of the list, adding your name and contact details to the bottom of it. The closing date for all transfers is April 15th.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

1. Riaan Ekkerd riaanekkerd@hotmail.com
2. Marli Ekkerd riaanekkerd@hotmail.com
3. Jaco Swart jaco@netco-consulting.net
4. David Bush dwbush1962@hotmail.com
5. Henry Quinney henryquinney@hotmail.com NO RESPONSE SINCE 20TH MARCH
6. Michael Stuart jenniemiff@jennie45.freeserve.co.uk
7. Ed Milbourn ed@ultrarunner.co.uk
8. Sheila Barbour scareeweasel@btinternet.com
9. Jonathon Moss jonathon.moss@gmail.com
10. simon maggs simon_maggs@talk21.com
11. Matthew Kite matthew.kite@rolls-royce.com
12. Gareth Hansford garethhansford@yahoo.co.uk

13. Kate Hutchings k8hutchings@yahoo.co.uk

HALF MARATHON WAITING LIST:

2. Daniel Williams (mzybbjow@nottingham.ac.uk) Being offered a place by Sarah Sheppard 5
3. David Smith (davismit31@hotmail.com)
4. Charles Bamford (charly_bamford@hotmail.com)
5. Stacey Bamford (staceymoloney@hotmail.co.uk)
6. Karen Geddes (karen5008@yahoo.com)
7. Pete Edgley (Peteedgley@btinternet.com)
8. Job King (jking@uka.org.uk ) -(plus a £10 voucher for Coventry Runner!)
9. Verity Hill ( afrodizzie@hotmail.com )
10. Suzanne Ostler (suzanne.ostler@talk21.com)
11. Paul Beechey (pbeechey@rm.com)

12. Jonathon Moss (jonathon.moss@gmail.com)
13 Daniel Eduardo (ben_hufc@hotmail.com)

14. Phil Ingle (philingle@talktalk.net) many thanks

Thanks to the originator of this thread.

09/04/2010 at 13:53
I have a place in the shakespear marathon that I would like to sell as I have been injured and unable to train till recently. I have already tried emailing but I had no response. The closing date is close.
09/04/2010 at 14:24

Neil 'll have it!!!

I know I'm bottom of the list but hey how can but try!  I sent off my application form before Xmas, done all the training and then saw that numbers were being sent out this week so checked and they never got my application form - I know I should have checked my bank statement but that is a lesson now learnt.

I've done all the training and I'm hunting around everywhere possible for a number - please please please if nobody takes your number can I buy it off you!!!

09/04/2010 at 15:29

Hi Neil,

I am 4th in the list with the top two guys backpacking in Australia and the 3rd one not heard from for about three weeks. I missed out on another place because it was offered to someone lower on the list so really want this one.

Please email me at /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]wbush1962@hotmail.com]dwbush1962@hotmail.com and I can pay today by paypal.

Thanks David

09/04/2010 at 18:59
The entry has now gone.
09/04/2010 at 19:50

Hallo, excuse me, but I have been back in the UK for a week now - NOT BACKPACKING, so I guess I am still next in line for the entry DAVID and NEIL. It is still within 48 hours isn't it DAVID?

I think you are a bit too keen David!

09/04/2010 at 22:04

Hi

I missed the closing date and Im looking to get a number.

Thanks

Carnel

09/04/2010 at 22:06

I don't know what's the use of the waiting list if people don't stick to the suggested "rules" of the waiting list.

If this forum is just a way to first respond to an available entry, then there would be no use for a waiting list. I think it is up to everyone on the waiting list to honour the fact that people on top of the list have been waiting longer for an entry, and to give them the opportunity to respond to an available entry on the forum. If everyone thinks that 48 hours is too long to respond, then we can try to make new suggestions, but the suggested rules have worked really well in the past (untill now!)

It seems that a lot of people trying to sell an entry does not (understandably) read all the previous threads, and also don't always read the suggested "rules" on top of the list, so it is up to the people on the list to to honour the rules and wait for the person on top of the list to respond before they can jump in and claim the entry! Any other suggestions can be discussed on the forum. I can appreciate that time is running out for entry transfers, but I think we can all still behave like adults and stick to the rules.

Everyone on the waiting list can still try to find an entry to buy outside the forum where there are no rules, but if someone posts a thread on the forum about an available entry, then the rules of the waiting list should apply - if not we might as well delete the list and leave it up to the person selling the ticket to decide who he wants to sell the ticket to, but this will make it very unfair for the people who have been on the waiting list for weeks now.

09/04/2010 at 22:12

ANYONE WISHING TO SELL THEIR PLACE; Please contact the person at the top of the list, if they don't respond within 48 hours then contact the next person on the list. Please leave a post on this thread keeping everyone informed of your actions.

ALL THOSE ALREADY ON THE LIST; It's in your interest to check this thread regularly especially as race day is approaching! Once you have received a place, please update the list accordingly.

ALL THOSE WISHING TO JOIN THE LIST; Simply copy and paste the most recent version of the list, adding your name and contact details to the bottom of it. The closing date for all transfers is April 15th.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

1. Riaan Ekkerd   (riaanekkerd@hotmail.com)
2. Marli Ekkerd   (riaanekkerd@hotmail.com)
3. Jaco Swart   (jaco@netco-consulting.net)
4. David Bush   (/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]wbush1962@hotmail.com]dwbush1962@hotmail.com)
5. Henry Quinney   (henryquinney@hotmail.com)
6. Michael Stuart   (jenniemiff@jennie45.freeserve.co.uk)
7. Ed Milbourn   (ed@ultrarunner.co.uk)
8. Sheila Barbour  (/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]careeweasel@btinternet.com]scareeweasel@btinternet.com)
9. Jonathon Moss  (jonathon.moss@gmail.com)
10. simon maggs  (/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]imon_maggs@talk21.com]simon_maggs@talk21.com)
11. Matthew Kite    (matthew.kite@rolls-royce.com)
12. Gareth Hansford   (garethhansford@yahoo.co.uk)

13. Kate Hutchings (k8hutchings@yahoo.co.uk)

2. Daniel Williams (mzybbjow@nottingham.ac.uk) Being offered a place by Sarah Sheppard 5

14. Phil Ingle (philingle@talktalk.net)

09/04/2010 at 22:19

Carmel

Copy the last updated complete list + "rules", and add your name at the bottom the apprioprate list (marathon, or half marathon), and post as a new thread.

09/04/2010 at 22:38

Given that the deadline for transfers is the 15th, I think the 48 hour window is too long. Perhaps it should be limited to 12 hours max? Even that seems too long....6? What do you guys think?

I will also have a half marathon place up for grabs if I can get a marathon place so with the transfer deadline looming it would make sense not to hang around!

09/04/2010 at 23:08

Hi all,

I had a message from the organisers thanking me for setting up this forum. They say they have processed approx 50 transfers, mostly as a result of contacts gained through this forum.  It is very much appreciated and means that 50 entries have not gone to waste.

The closing date for transfers is fast approaching being 15th April after which time the organisers will not be able to accept any more transfers. Please ensure you get your transfer applications in before then. You will need to allow time for the transfer application to be filled in by the transferer and then sent to the transferee to fill in their details, etc. Then it has to be posted with a cheque to the organisers. Given these restrictions I would say the 48 hour window is too long and the transfers need to be agreed as soon as possible if everyone on the list is going to get a fair chance.

Play fair. Hope you get a place. Enjoy the race.

Rick

09/04/2010 at 23:11

Wow... 6 hours - don't you ever sleep more than 6 hours?

I don't think it should be less than 24 hours - the limiting factor has never been a reply to an entry, ie it is very unlikely that more than 1 entry will become available in 24 hours.

12 hours is fine by me, but I don't think it will really speed up the amount of available entries!

09/04/2010 at 23:16

shall we make is 12 hours then? Everyone happy with this arrangement? Who checks the forum twice daily? I suppose we'll find out tomorrow am...

10/04/2010 at 09:16
Just wanna say congrats to DAVID BUSH who jumped from 4th on the waiting list to claim the 1st available entry after 1+1/2 hours it became available. Well done DAVID, we sure don't need enemies with friends like you!! Hope you really enjoy the race mate!
10/04/2010 at 09:20

ANYONE WISHING TO SELL THEIR PLACE; Please contact the person at the top of the list, if they don't respond within 12 hours then contact the next person on the list. Please leave a post on this thread keeping everyone informed of your actions.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:

4. Henry Quinney   (henryquinney@hotmail.com)
5. Michael Stuart   (jenniemiff@jennie45.freeserve.co.uk)
6. Ed Milbourn   (ed@ultrarunner.co.uk)
7. Sheila Barbour  (/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]careeweasel@btinternet.com]scareeweasel@btinternet.com)
8. Jonathon Moss  (jonathon.moss@gmail.com)
9. simon maggs  (/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]imon_maggs@talk21.com]simon_maggs@talk21.com)
10. Matthew Kite    (matthew.kite@rolls-royce.com)
11. Gareth Hansford   (garethhansford@yahoo.co.uk)

14. Phil Ingle (/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]hilingle@talktalk.net]philingle@talktalk.net)

10/04/2010 at 09:33

OK maybe 6 hours was a bit too short...12 hours seems practical....good luck all!

10/04/2010 at 09:58

Just to let everyone know - I've changed the 48h rule to 12 hours. Hope that's ok! It's still open for discussion.

11/04/2010 at 04:38

ANYONE WISHING TO SELL THEIR PLACE; Please contact the person at the top of the list, if they don't respond within 12 hours then contact the next person on the list. Please leave a post on this thread keeping everyone informed of your actions.

MARATHON WAITING LIST:
7. Sheila Barbour  (scareeweasel@btinternet.com)
9. simon maggs  (simon_maggs@talk21.com)

15. Alan Steele (alansteele@gmail.com or send me a private message)

11/04/2010 at 06:47

MARATHON WAITING LIST:
7. Sheila Barbour  (scareeweasel@btinternet.com)
9. simon maggs  (simon_maggs@talk21.com)

15. Alan Steele (alansteele@gmail.com or send me a private message)

16. Stephen Skjonsby (skj_se@hotmail.com)

201 to 220 of 277 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.