Shifnal 'Steeplechase' Half-Marathon

info

21 to 29 of 29 messages
07/07/2010 at 20:40
I enjoyed this race very much -- a bit too much judging by Bryan's photo of me in the latter stages (thanks very much for the free pics there Bryan, very splendid to make those available) -- I was saving a bit of oomph to for this Sat to see if my V40 legs can manage a 5k at any speed.
07/07/2010 at 21:00

Indeed, in an era of extortionate prices, the service that Bryan and his fellow photographer offered on the day is unsurpassed. To get that number of photos at any major race would wipe out over £100 from your bank account and we all love a momento of the day, no matter how rough we look at the end.

Keep up the good work Bryan, you provide a much appreciated service to us runners.

Thank you

Next up for me, Indian Queens HM in Cornwall on the 1 Aug, guarantee that's going to be a warm day.

08/07/2010 at 14:40
Has everyone seen these pictures from the race?

http://www.racephotos.org.uk/shifnal_1.htm

They are fantastic, and are also free of charge which is so nice these days!!

Thanks for getting me with both feet off the ground Bryan !!
19/08/2010 at 18:56

A belated thank you to Hot Tub Alci for your super, duper comment.

Honestly, it's reassuring to know that there is somone out there looking at the photos. 

Racephotos has now had over 625,000 hits and is going from strength-to-strength.

Thanks to everyone who supports the web site.

Edited: 19/08/2010 at 18:56
20/08/2010 at 09:57
You going to Wolves Bryan?
20/08/2010 at 15:20

Hi Hot Tub Alci, yes, God willing and fine weather I hope to be taking photos at this year's Wolverampton-Marathon and Half Marathon on the 5th of September.

I am based in Newcastle-under-Lyme,  but the Marathon is a league race for North Staffs runners and I try to cover all league races.

Last year I was at about the 10 mile mark and I think it will be the same this year.

Cheers.

Bryan

20/08/2010 at 15:28
Cool - Done the half loads of times, but for some stupid idea I've signed up for the full so may see you twice
20/08/2010 at 23:06

I hope you have a good one Hot Tub Alci.

I ran the second lap with a friend a couple of year's ago and the thing I remember most was a feeling of "is there anyone else in the race". 

About 1,500 runners on the first lap, dwindles to several hundred on the second.  It felt a bit strange, all the camaraderie, banter and support you get between runners just wasn't there. 

That said, I still want a big smile when you pass me on that second lap. 

Cheers.

Bryan

23/08/2010 at 09:49
If your still there, I'll be a smiling!

I've heard alot of folk saying about no support on the 2nd lap. Oh well !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.