Showers at a race event?

Your thoughts?

21 to 28 of 28 messages
08/08/2012 at 18:41

Whats the event in Ludlow. Sounds good

25/08/2012 at 08:27

Badgerdaddy - I'll be coming some distance and staying for the whole event.  The showers would be most welcome.

Envious plodder - details of the Ludlow 12k can be found at http://www.ludlow12k.co.uk/index.htm. I lived there as a child so looking forward to going back.

25/08/2012 at 10:13

Good luck with your event Badgerdaddy - it looks like a good one, and if I lived closer I would certainly come for the race.

As for the shower issue - no matter how careful you are as an organiser the showers are going to get skanked up, from soap, shower gel, shampoo and general footfall as 100's of people pass through, its just inevitable. When I see the hideous state indoor toilet facilities are left in after (and very often just before the start) of some races, toilet paper all over the floor, water (and worse ) everywhere, then I can pretty much guarantee you will have a lot of cleaning up to do as the day goes on and certainly after the event. People are generally skanky feckers, so just prepare yourself for the worst .

cougie    pirate
25/08/2012 at 19:35

Tough Guy has them in a converted cattle shed. Everyone in together ! Ooer !

25/08/2012 at 20:23
I've been to one agility race and they gave us hoses to users a shower. It was 32'c an hot so we didn't mind too much but it was bloody cold!
25/08/2012 at 22:46

Looks fab - wish I could come along and enjoy the race and everything else you've organised. Will it be an annual event?

26/08/2012 at 22:28

I can't see from the web page what time the race start

We fancy making a day of it with the kids if it isn't too early.

31/08/2012 at 19:33

I'm running The Beast at Melton Mowbray on Sunday. Showers are a hosepipe!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.