Shrewsbury Marathon

61 to 68 of 68 messages
18/06/2013 at 17:55

I've done several multi lap marathons (even a 40 lap one but without hordes of other runners) but would always prefer a single lap route into the countryside.

I think I have made a mistake entering this race, usually I don't enter marathons on their first outing so the organisers can sort out the cock ups.  I feel very sorry for the faster runners who will catch the tail end of the half marathon runners and have a hell of a job to fight their way through the slower runners.

I've just emailed the race organisers to ask for a link to view the course as the info is not available unless I register with MapMyRun or change my privacy settings on FB.

18/06/2013 at 18:13

OK. Just trying to help.

18/06/2013 at 18:17

ET - I know you were trying to help and I do appreciate it

18/06/2013 at 19:45

Shrewsbury is a beautiful town and you will love the town but the roads are generally single lanes, some are 2 lanes and some aareas are cobbled. I work in the town so very knowledgable of route but I wouldn't worry to much as road conditions are good. The quarry park pathways are fairly narrow so this could be a problem if big volume of runners on them. I can see us using the grassed areas as overflow pathways.

18/06/2013 at 20:29

Best get a wiggle on then and get away quick before the fast HM boys are on our tail. Adrenaline rush always good at start of marathon. It'll be fine, nice day out!

19/06/2013 at 09:37

There`s more up-to-date info about course changes on the other thread!

19/06/2013 at 10:53

ET - forgive my ignorance but I seem to be missing something here - what other thread are you referring to?

19/06/2013 at 11:10

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 68 of 68 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.