Silverstone HM 3rd March 2013

Entries Open

21 to 30 of 30 messages
03/10/2012 at 19:23
I'll have to give sub 2.30 a go. Hope to get down to that sorta time before March. Hopefully five or six HM's between now and March, starting at Stroud two weeks Sunday
25/10/2012 at 14:37

I'm looking to enter this but don't really want to shell out the entry fee just yet.  Does it get full?  If so how long should I leave it before entering? 

25/10/2012 at 16:47
It's normally full by about Xmas so don't leave it too long if you want a place
25/10/2012 at 17:02
jollie32 wrote (see)
It's normally full by about Xmas so don't leave it too long if you want a place

Thanks for that.  I'll sort my entry out in the next few weeks.

25/10/2012 at 17:06
It is very well organised and the support is fantastic - the only negative is the scenery is a bit boring with just the race track and service roads surrounding it. Organisation though and amount running do take your mind of that.
25/10/2012 at 17:19
Are iPods allowed in this race?
31/10/2012 at 00:49

yes ipods are allowed for this race

Andrew, dont leave it too long, as now that the London Marathon places have been given out this is the first HM they recommend people to do as its a good half way point so it tends to fill up pretty quickly, my friend missed out last year and that was before christmas

I loved this race as you see lots of fancy dress too, cos of London, infact i even remembered some of them when i did london and said hello to them again

didnt realise there was a pacer, probably cos we had a nightmare getting there this year as the person driving lost his wallet at the services which made us really late, the race starts at midday and we actually didnt arrive til 12.15 so just had to run to start and get straight on with it 

traffic is awful so aim to get there early 

its a very enjoyable race and good support and well organised

31/10/2012 at 12:19

I arrived at this years at a reasonable time so was ok, but oh my days what a nightmare getting out  next year I shall rethink just where I park

Looking forward to it though

31/10/2012 at 12:25

I went the back way to get out  need to know where you're going but after spectating for the last 2 years and running it finally last year, i've found a way out that beats the traffic

02/11/2012 at 15:54
Isee)

yes ipods are allowed for this race

Andrew, dont leave it too long, as now that the London Marathon places have been given out this is the first HM they recommend people to do as its a good half way point so it tends to fill up pretty quickly, my friend missed out last year and that was before christmas

I loved this race as you see lots of fancy dress too, cos of London, infact i even remembered some of them when i did london and said hello to them again

didnt realise there was a pacer, probably cos we had a nightmare getting there this year as the person driving lost his wallet at the services which made us really late, the race starts at midday and we actually didnt arrive til 12.15 so just had to run to start and get straight on with it 

traffic is awful so aim to get there early 

its a very enjoyable race and good support and well organised

Thanks for that. Entry submitted and accepted

I think I'll have some queries about where's best to get dropped off before the event but will save those until nearer the time!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.