Slaughterford 9 2013 DNS

Shocking DNS Count

6 messages
XX1
27/01/2013 at 13:44
I've just looked at the results for this year's Slaughterford 9, as I know a couple of people that had signed up for it, and there was an absolutely shocking number of non-starters. I didn't count them all up but at a glance I'd say about a third of the entrants didn't start. I then looked back at the results from the previous few years and it would seem that this year wasn't exceptional in that respect. I get that there is always going to be a few people who sign up for an event and then don't turn up on the day, for whatever reason, but I can't understand why there would be so many non-starters for this event. Just saying...
XX1
cougie    pirate
27/01/2013 at 23:01
Something to do with the snow putting people behind on their training maybe ?
XX1
28/01/2013 at 23:19
The DNS count was about the same last year and I don't remember there being much snow then.
XX1
29/01/2013 at 12:39

As it is cheap as well as tough for a Wiltshire race, I think people enter it early with the intention to see how they feel...

Probably the organisers take the proportion into account. If everyone who entered turned up,  there would be too many taking part! 

XX1
31/01/2013 at 14:44
Fair point... I hadn't taken the cost into consideration.
XX1
31/01/2013 at 20:14
I did it last year, and the morning of the race it was freezing fog. Bitterly child and no views to make up for all the hills. Not surprised so many didn't turn up. This year, although the snow had gone, everywhere would have been incredibly boggy (one of my regular short routes takes in a small part of the course, and it was ankle deep).

It id's a great race though, and my finishers t shirt is one of only 2 that I wear in public because I'm so proud of it

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.