Snowdonia Half Marathon

1 to 20 of 46 messages
27/02/2013 at 16:03

This must be one of the toughest, most scenic road half marathons going!? I am not sure my legs will be thanking me for entering, particularly with it being 3 weeks after a marathon, but being that it starts and finishes less a mile from where I live I don't really have a choice!!?

28/02/2013 at 09:32

Anyone else entered this one?

12/03/2013 at 13:06

My friend has entered it and I'm thinking of doing the same. Definitely not a PB course, but very scenic none the less I'm sure.

Good luck.

12/03/2013 at 22:39

Still places available - it's a cracking course, although I'm not thinking about it at the mo - focusing on the Blackpool marathon 3 weeks Sunday!

13/03/2013 at 09:25

Good luck for that. I just ran the Milton Keynes Half on Sunday so looking for my next race, and this could be it.

13/03/2013 at 09:29

The Snowdonia half will be completely different to the MK half - apart from the scenery/terrain there won't be any roundabouts!!! As you say, not a PB course - one definately to enjoy (though whether that is your sentiment as you are going up the main hill....!?)

13/03/2013 at 09:35

I'm sure the feelings I have about entering at the moment could all be blown away once I get on the course and come up against the main hill!

It'll be nice to enjoy a race for a change rather than focussing on time.

13/03/2013 at 11:45

The views across the Conwy Valley whilst going up and the view of Llyn Geirionnydd once you (finally) get to the top will make it worthwhile - I never tire of running alongside Llyn Geirionnydd - it is quite magical!!

23/03/2013 at 21:18
Good job i checked web site and found they moved start
24/03/2013 at 08:59

Easier (and free) parking in Llanrwst, with better facilities before and after the race. Hopefully it will make it a better event all around (unfortunately I couldn't make it last year)

24/03/2013 at 09:41
Sounds like a good race and cant wait till i get there, have been huffn an puffn up our local hills in preparation c u all soon
24/03/2013 at 09:44

I must admit I have done very little running in the hills recently as I've been training for a flat marathon in 2 weeks time. As soon as I get it out of the way and my legs have forgiven me I will be hitting the hills again - including the hill out of Trefriw - the race organiser mentioned that they were thinking of having a special medal for those runners who run all the way up that hill!!

24/03/2013 at 10:21
Good luck for your marathon not in that division yet am doing just 3 halfs this year an a five mile still what go up has to come down
24/03/2013 at 10:43

Thank you David. I only do a few races a year, but two of those tend to be marathons! I have never "raced" a half before - I paced someone at the Chester half last year (my only other half) so I expect to PB at the Snowdonia half!!

25/03/2013 at 06:33
Ok c u at the top if that little hill then
27/03/2013 at 21:40

I`d say betws y coed/snowdonia half marathon is a bit harder then conwy half marathon.i did both last year and had a bad lung infection running betws,the course was very hilly but if you`v done conwy you`ll find this more challanging.

02/04/2013 at 08:29

Hi all, I will be running this race too - for the first time. I am really looking forward to it, especially as I was due to run the Ironbridge Half but it was rearranged due to the weather and I couldn't make the rearranged date, so this will be my first race of the year. My training will involve lots of hill work over the next four weeks but anyone have any words of wisdom to pass on? Not run a half with so such a climb before..... sounds stunning though.

02/04/2013 at 08:46
Train in gym with weights and build up slowly better to be a little under an fit than go mad an have an injury , i mix an mach hill work with flat distance runs to keep injury risk down see you there sounds a good race
02/04/2013 at 09:55

Thanks David. Find my time is a bit pushed with kids and work so little chance of weights or gym work but will certainly be careful about injury. I am not aiming for a PB at all, I just want to complete a different race and hopefully really enjoy the scenery.

From past experience do you have any views on clothing to wear? I read somewhre it can be very cold. Typically I just run in t-shirt and shorts.

02/04/2013 at 13:56
Hi pete i use running tights and long sleeve tops ,prefer to go for thiner layers,also a running belt comes in handy for tucking bits in if to warm or if using a coat and hat my gym work only takes about an hour an half once a week an save longer run for weekend .must admit did choose this over iron bridge on grounds of the scenery.
1 to 20 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.