Snowdonia Marathon 2011

Camaraderie Rules ;o)

3,621 to 3,640 of 3,779 messages
27/10/2011 at 22:41

JD Green tea for me..... class that.

T-Rex 2nd snod for me

Night all

27/10/2011 at 22:50
Wish the race was today, walked up to the summit from llanberis and it was cracking weather!! No wind, no rain, cool but not cold. Fingers crossed!!

Quads took a bashin comin down so a easy chill day tomorra I think. I'll pop to get number etc coz we have to collect them by 9am and race don't start till 10.30, long time hanging round if it's cold.
27/10/2011 at 23:02

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

phew thats better

sudden realisation of what I've signed up for..............................can't wait

27/10/2011 at 23:24
Hi Gringo (a WBA fan) - you're not the only brothers doing the race - me and my brother (Blackpool FC fans!) are running it!
27/10/2011 at 23:30
good luck for saturday everyone, see you at the start.
27/10/2011 at 23:31

Just realised I haven't planned my walk for Sunday yet.  Did three 3000-ers last year (didn't help achilles problem).  I think I'll wait to see what takes my fancy Sunday morning when I stick my nose outside the tent (assuming I've still got a tent, that is ...)

If it's tipping down I will be going straight home.

Mark B - well, you haven't got long to wait.  35 hours to be precise.

Hello, Gringo.  I'm #1131 and my brother 1133.  Someone has got between us.  I'm hoping to put a lot of space betwen him and me on Saturday, though.  We never go round together.  He usually sets off fast and often gets over a mile ahead in a marathon.  I start off conservatively and gradually haul him in, or not as the case may be.

27/10/2011 at 23:45

Something I haven't done is ask for identifiable features, clothing, etc for list.  Never mind.  Can't do everything. 

Sub-2:28??

• Jez Bragg
  • Richie Gardiner

Sub-3

• bionic border terrier
  • Gobi
  • Pugheaven
  • wayne mayer 2

3:15

• arch stanton

3:30

• NJ1979
  • Richard36
  • STUART BLOFELD 

3:40

• #1958  nicola quinn 2 
  • runwithmysetter

3:47

• #1258  Tattooed Runner39 (2nd SNOD)
  • Greg C.

3:50

• Run Jono

Sub-4

• #627  BritNick (6th SNOD)
  • #1051 safety pin
  • #1075  Fenland Runner 
  • #1131  T Rex (6th SNOD)  green-and-yellow Vegetarian AC vest.
  • # 1500  Chimney
  • #1756  panad
  • brer rabbit
  • Corinthian
  • Kelvyn 
  • Si French  (2nd SNOD)
  • The Lazy Greyhound (7th SNOD) 

4:15

• Eric Davies  (4th SNOD) 
  • Hail me a taxi  (3rd mara)
  • koiboy

4:30

• Reydon Rover

4:45

• stilldreaming

Sub-5

• Mark Bryan 9
  • the mighty pudding

Also running

• #15  Rou
  • #108  Peter John Lewis (17th SNOD) 
  • #401  jason d (3rd SNOD)
  • #426  Gringo WBA (2nd SNOD)
  • #518  John Bach
  • Andrea B
  • Artie Fufkin, Polymer Records
  • Boxer1
  • carol woodford
  • Chris H 26.2 (1st SNOD) 
  • clairster
  • David Lewis 77  (2nd mara)
  • David Storer (2nd SNOD)
  • elizabeth marks (1st mara)
  • ffRAN
  • hamrag
  • Ken Belly 
  • LouT
  • lowslice
  • Midlife Crisis
  • Monsieur Le Cheese
  • Muzza
  • Non Davies 2
  • Nurse Gladys 
  • Paul Leney
  • phil 1302 
  • powell1 
  • robejo
  • Run Stuboy Run 
  • runwithphil
  • TomS
  • WAYNE HOLLAND
  • WeV

• Chrissi
  • Drunken Euphoria
  • FionaEvs 7
  • *Frodo*
  • Heavy Legs
  • Mr Ben
  • Running Kev
  • Snowdonia Snail
  • stephen kavanagh 4
  • trocals1
28/10/2011 at 05:13

Morning all,

Meant to have a lie-in today but body had other ideas.

Still don't know what I'll be wearing. Apart from a number of course. But not just a number.....

Roll on 1st January so I can sign up again.

28/10/2011 at 06:47

Morning all

Well I've had a good practice run ......last night all I drempt of was Snowdonia, getting there late only just making it and then starting and then I woke up I hope the real sat will run a little smoother! and I'll get some sleep tonight!

T Rex....I'm no 1733 and hoping to make it in about 4.30.

Really really gutted for all those who can't make it on sat due to injury/illness, it can really tough decision to make but I'm sure its the right one, health comes first. I had to pull out of Man vs Horse this year due to knee injury so I really feel your pain. Big hugs!!

Well Im off to clean the house, pack (must remember my to pack my determination) and begin the drive from South to North. Very excited now.

See you all tomorrow and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

28/10/2011 at 06:49

No chance of a lie in, too excited.

Only protection against elements for me is my "second skin, body temperature control" top.

Doesn't look anything special too me but it seems to work.

T Rex I'll be easily recognisable as the only one needing a torch

28/10/2011 at 08:16

I can only dream of waking up tomorrow and the weather is like it is in west wales this morning .....my idea of marathon running heaven  ................. dream on I suppose though

Seocond Snod for me to and I am not talking about attire  

28/10/2011 at 09:09
my thoughts for those of you who can't run this year, esp Frodo - 2yrs on the trot

2nd SNOD for me and number 663 in an RAF Wittering vest again

good luck all!
28/10/2011 at 09:14

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - ENJOY YOURSELVES

28/10/2011 at 09:30
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
28/10/2011 at 09:49

4m in thick mist and 2 degrees this morning- went straight back home and packed long sleeved top and 2 pairs of gloves

Leaving shortly- so have a GREAT race everyone if I don't catch you later, though hotel has wifi and am packing laptop. Looking forward to seeing lots of you for rehydration in the Padarn lake tomorrow, especially looking forward to a reprise of "We are the Champions" from T Rex  (Our T Rex that is, not the rock group!)

28/10/2011 at 10:22
first post on the forum and first snowdon nerves are starting to kick in now probably as i have just laid all my kit out ready for the morning as i am working till half eleven tonight, not the best preperation!!!!
weather in north wales this morning is lovely no wind and sunny although the temp is quite low (5 degrees) but we are 25 miles away here.
i think i am going to start off quite conservatively tomorrow and try and stick with the pacing of some more experienced local runners who are veterans to the event, no not you 108.
good luck to all runners on what is supposed to be one of the hardest courses in europe but has a sort of magnetism attatched to it as many many runners return year after year, in fact i think some guy has had the same number (108 i thin but not sure) for something mad like 17 years!!
anyway i digress fingers crossed the weather gods are looking down favourably and i will see you all at the start and some at the finish
null

28/10/2011 at 10:23

Morning everyone,

Been enjoying the build up and the banter on here. Really sorry to hear that Trocols1 and Frodo are having to make the difficult call to drop out. It sounds like you have made a sensible decsion as no race is worth risking serious illness for.

I am number 1350. Had been having sleepless nights all week in case they gave me 108 by mistake

Last morning at work then off after lunch.

Good luck to everyone.

28/10/2011 at 10:23
Lovely weather here in North Wales today, shame they're not predicting the same for tomorrow.

Full of cold past 3 days, told my sister in law, I might be a DNS, she replied,"what do that mean? Did Not Survive?!" She might just be right!

Does anyone know if there's any kind of Expo where we register for the race pack?

Running number 1535, was hoping for a possible 3'40 until the recent man flu and prediction of 40mph gales for tomorrow.

Good luck everyone
28/10/2011 at 10:24

...............................best go and sort kit out and pack

Bit chilly here in Rhyl, see you later!!!!

28/10/2011 at 10:40

Those wanting to recognise the true pilgrims attending the HAJJ on Saturday  only have to search for runners not wanting  to attract the attention of others.

I will not wear any number pinned to my vest as it goes against my faith.

The vest in question was lucky many years ago when i ran my 3-21-54 in it.

It was then retired from competition for over ten years until i was asked to become a pilgrim.

What better tribute as a disciple but to choose that special vest once again.

Tomorrow will only be the third time in 17 years it has been worn so you are indeed lucky, fortunate even to cast eyes on it.

Even though this is my 17th Snowdonia Marathon and the fourth different course i have run i am still very excited.

I can only imagine how excited and nervous those doing it for the first time tomorrow must feel.

I WANT TO WIISH EVERYONE DOING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME  TOMORROW ALL THE BEST

And those attempting their first ever marathon  YOU WILL E A CHANGED PERSON AFTER YOU COLLECT YOUR SLATE tomorrow.

Early to bed and plenty of jellybabies because you are an athlete and those applauding you along the course tomorrow know they are witnessing something special.

THE 29th SNOWDONIA MARATHON 

Edited: 28/10/2011 at 10:42
3,621 to 3,640 of 3,779 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.