Snowdonia Marathon 2011

Camaraderie Rules ;o)

3,641 to 3,660 of 3,779 messages
28/10/2011 at 10:46
are you not pinning the number to your vest as you are so well known amongst the organisers or you are scared of having it torn from yourself due to the preciousness of the said "108"
on a side note isn't that breaking the rules and if you have done this in the past then surely you haven't done 17 in a row??

only asking like
28/10/2011 at 10:53
in fact a quick look at the event rules confirms my suspicions check our rule 6
All participants must write their name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of the race number, which must be worn unfolded and should be visible throughout the race.
unless of course you are teasing us and you pin it to your tracksters!
28/10/2011 at 10:57

All the best to Mr Green who has no need to be nervous because if he starts off sensibly i predict he will do around 3-20 or so.

If he had any sense he would stand on the start line and shadow Arwel Lewis who is guaranteed to run well in around 3-10 ,3-15.

He has trained well and is in excellent shape and has a solid PB in Cardiff recently.

He has a golden opportunity to set a cracking time tomorrow and he knows how well certain other runners will perform.

Forget the nerves and use Arwel as a running partner.

He is so experienced in this marathon game that he never goes off too fast but always finishes in excellent times.

If i was in similar shape i would be brave enough to run with far more experienced runners, maybe slow heavily at Waunfawr but get to llanberis in a good time.

NUMBER 108    Peter to his friends wishes everyone from North Wales Road Runners a cracking run tomorrow especially Martin who has seen sense and entered this incredible race after i have been telling everyone just how good it is.

Actually there are over ten NWRRunners taking part tomorrow  WHY IN GOD HAVE YOU LEFT IT THIS LONG TO REALISE THE SNOWDON MARATHON IS WITHOUT DOUBT THE BEST MARATHON THERE IS.

Tomorrow you will see just what i have been talking about.

See you all there.

PETER

Edited: 28/10/2011 at 10:58
28/10/2011 at 11:00
<3 <3 <3 see you at the start peter
28/10/2011 at 11:02

Martin you must realise that is impossible for me to do as i have no number.

Anyway i am known by the organisers so if i collapse heavily just before Rhydd Ddu and crawl into the undergrowth that special vest will be recognised instantly.

I have no need to worry the paramedics will be on to me like a pack of wolfs.

Edited: 28/10/2011 at 11:05
28/10/2011 at 11:07

Good luck to you all.

very very very very cheesed off that I had to pull out - redundancy - move abroad - I'm now in Sweden for 6 months.

Until next year you lucky lucky people.

Mr Ben

28/10/2011 at 11:12

Blimey i believe the girls in Sweden are dead hot and ever so free and easy about nature and thing associted with it.

Take care and when you are sharing a sauna with some stunning blonde Swedish nymphs think of us who will be cold and miserable back here in blighty.

See you next year  PROMISE 

28/10/2011 at 11:17

Mr Green should tag along with the ladies - he seems to have a possee of followers on FB/at Goodison Park!!

It would appear Jenny Brierley has been seeded no.1 lady and Andrea Rowlands No.2 - I cannot see them running quicker than 3h10m (although there may be a dark horse/mare about!?) I am sure that Mr Green is capable of that given his 1h20m at the Cardiff half. Also by running with them he will get his good lucks on S4C - although I hope he won't be playing with his bits like he was before the start of the Cardiff 1/2M!?

28/10/2011 at 12:01
Gorgeous here today, it's gotta go downhill before tomorrow

Will prob be picking no up around 5 today..
28/10/2011 at 12:10
Kit sorted nearly packed!!
28/10/2011 at 12:57

Weather just for tomorrow will follow in the true SNOD tradition. Band of rain will have hit by 7am. It will have moved on by 10am, leaving the obligatory microclimate (you know what that means don't you) clinging lovingly to Snowdonia. That will remain until 4pm, when the next proper band of rain will have hit, but we shall hardly notice the difference. It should have cleared by midnight, so you get to stagger back from the Padarn Lake Hotel in the dry. Temperature should reach around 12 deg C.

Sunday will be warmer.

28/10/2011 at 13:57

Sub-2:28??

• Jez Bragg
  • Richie Gardiner

Sub-3

• bionic border terrier
  • Gobi
  • Pugheaven
  • wayne mayer 2

3:15

• arch stanton

3:30

• NJ1979
  • Richard36
  • STUART BLOFELD 

3:40

• #663  runwithmysetter (2nd SNOD)  RAF Witttering vest
  • #1535  Fioled
  • #1958  nicola quinn 2 

3:47

• #1258  Tattooed Runner39 (2nd SNOD)
  • Greg C.

3:50

• Run Jono

Sub-4

• #627  BritNick (6th SNOD)
  • #1051 safety pin
  • #1075  Fenland Runner 
  • #1131  T Rex (6th SNOD)  green-and-yellow Vegetarian AC vest.
  • #1350  The Lazy Greyhound (7th SNOD) 
  • #1500  Chimney
  • #1756  panad
  • brer rabbit
  • Corinthian
  • Kelvyn 
  • Si French  (2nd SNOD)

4:15

• Eric Davies  (4th SNOD) 
  • Hail me a taxi  (3rd mara)
  • koiboy

4:30

• #1733  Non Davies 2
  • Reydon Rover

4:45

• stilldreaming

Sub-5

• Mark Bryan 9
  • the mighty pudding

Also running

• #15  Rou
  • #108  Peter John Lewis (17th SNOD) 
  • #401  jason d (3rd SNOD)
  • #426  Gringo WBA (2nd SNOD)
  • #518  John Bach
  • Andrea B
  • Artie Fufkin, Polymer Records
  • Boxer1
  • carol woodford
  • Chris H 26.2 (1st SNOD) 
  • clairster
  • David Lewis 77  (2nd mara)
  • David Storer (2nd SNOD)
  • elizabeth marks (1st mara)
  • ffRAN
  • hamrag
  • Ken Belly 
  • LouT
  • lowslice
  • Midlife Crisis
  • Monsieur Le Cheese
  • Muzza
  • Nurse Gladys 
  • Paul Leney
  • phil 1302 
  • powell1 
  • robejo
  • Run Stuboy Run 
  • runwithphil
  • TomS
  • WAYNE HOLLAND
  • WeV

• Chrissi
  • Drunken Euphoria
  • FionaEvs 7
  • *Frodo*
  • Heavy Legs
  • Mr Ben
  • Running Kev
  • Snowdonia Snail
  • stephen kavanagh 4
  • trocals1
28/10/2011 at 13:58

That's the last list.  Just about to leave. 

See you all soon.  Destiny awaits ...

28/10/2011 at 14:27

I'm in too. Offered a number a few weeks ago, and despite being injured all summer was foolish enough to accept.

I LOVE this race though

Shall just be jog/walking. I have a cunning plan:

*Run/walk first uphill 4 miles. So only a 22 mile race left.
*Then 8 miles coasting downhill, easy peasy. So only a 14 mile race.
*Walk all of the Waun Fawr section, up and down. Only an 11 mile race then.
*Get to the end anyhow come what may. So.... only an 8 mile race to be done. I CAN do that!

Definitely put me in the 'also ran' category

Edited: 28/10/2011 at 14:32
28/10/2011 at 15:40
I've arrived in Llanberis
28/10/2011 at 15:42
Heading there now to collect number
28/10/2011 at 15:58

Just collected Iowerths number for him which is 29 this year.

Weather here is pleasantly cool at around 11C with sunshine but please oh please can we have the bullets and strong winds tomorrow because the race just would not  be traditional without some unclement weather.

After having rested completely for the last week and a half my back is still giving me gip.

I thought the asprins would have killed the pain by now but getting out of my car outside Electric Mountain at 1pm it was as inflamed as ever which means i will have to get in x rayed next week.

If Joss Naylor can endure chronic backpain for the past 37yrs i can atleast take part in my 17th Snowdonia marathon.

My slowest time so far was 5-36 when i had to walk the last 8miles due to badly fitting shorts.

The way my lower back feels at the moment i can see me going even slower than that.

Taking part is everything and accepting that ever so precious slate coaster a must.

See everyone tomorrow GOD WILLING 

Edited: 28/10/2011 at 15:59
28/10/2011 at 16:03
Just met TR39 & Mrs TR39 in Pete's Eats for a coffee. Top people.
The clouds are rolling in. Been a beautiful day, really lifted the spirits.
See you at the start line peeps. Then it's just a case of a little jog to the Padarn for a beer......
28/10/2011 at 16:23

I wonder how you recognised Tattoed Runner Chimney?!

Thankfully my wife is picking up the numbers on the way home later - she will fit the timing chip for me - I can never do it and it is a bit embarrasing asking someone to attach the chip for me when I have to pick it up on the day of the race!! Apparently they didn't want to use the chips built into the numbers on account of the number of runners who wear other tops over their racing vest given the weather in recent years!!

I have had the last of my pasta "creaton" - sick of the stuff now - no more pasta for at least a month after tomorrow - Indian takeaway and a couple of cans of cold beer tomorrow night me thinks!?

28/10/2011 at 16:30

Excellent news everyone according to Derek Brockway on Wales Today a depression is arriving for Western Parts of Wales by early tomorrow morning with strengthening winds and all that lovely rain associated with it.

Now it is not expected to be as miserable as three years ago when it rained bullets all day but runners beware it will not be especially warm at only around 13-14C and with the wind and rain  it going to feel colder.

In 2008 the mountains of the llanberis Pass could not cope with the ferocity of the rain it was that bad but atleast it was warm at 17C which was mild for the end of October.

Vest and Shorts weather i fear not,  windproofs and tried and trusted clothing that you  know will not let you down in poor weather.

Just goes to show one day it can be gorgeous in Llanberis as it is today but this is ERYRI and those mountains attract the weather like a magnet.

I bet it will remain fine here on the coast tomorrow but even i noticed a difference in temperature from Llandudno to Llanberis.

The sun was shining beautifully in both places this afternoon but it felt noticeably cooler in llanberis and with poor weather almost guaranteed its going to feel cooler still.

What will Bwlch Y Groes throw at us tomorrow.

Anyway my 17th Snowdonia marathon will be run in traditional weather FINGERS CROSSED 

Edited: 28/10/2011 at 16:33
3,641 to 3,660 of 3,779 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.