Snowdonia Marathon 2011

Camaraderie Rules ;o)

161 to 180 of 3,779 messages
12/11/2010 at 10:17

trail shoes - got some Mizuno x10s last yr but tho seem really comfortable gave up with then coz of endless blisters - even after just 30 mins if trying to push it. trying again this yr with compeed as prevention rather than cure and success so far - but not been further than 7 miles in them yet.

will look out for inov8 etc but usually when i ask for shoes size 4 in the shops they look at me like i'm an alien !

12/11/2010 at 13:36

Nothing like a shoe debate - one man's platinum is anothers laudanum

Edited: 12/11/2010 at 13:36
12/11/2010 at 15:15
TRex's blisters are legendary!!!!
12/11/2010 at 16:28
NQ- go easy- I'm still going through recovery at the mo- mileage on the way back up, but all easy at the mo. Longest run for a while coming up on Sunday- 10m
12/11/2010 at 17:07
Thanks for all the shoe advice. It took me long enough to find road shoes  that i really like so i guess trail shoes will be no different. I might go for the walsh spirit peak as they are a good price and seems like they do give you a bit of support.That will please the wife, another pair of trainers for the collection  
12/11/2010 at 17:12

Hi all

To many people to thank for all this off road info......but loving it going to use an old pair of my road shoes for a little foray in the hills me thinks tomorrow and find some mud!!!! Then when I get paid next week will invest in a proper pair of off road shoes!!!

Couple of 5mile runs for me this week plan on doing a 10miler Sunday some at half mara pace ready for next Sundays conwy half

12/11/2010 at 17:19
britNick- just read your race report,very good it brings it all back to me. How come there are no photo's of you giving it your all at the kareoke? 
12/11/2010 at 18:22
Well, that's me entered for the Stratford Marathon in May
12/11/2010 at 19:12

May?  Are you sure?  It'll be hotter than ever, then.

Haven't been out running - got an achilles tendon issue at the moment - don't know what that's all about.

It's funny how the mile or three of offroad on this one gives this thread such an offroad emphasis.  What about the 23 miles of road??  That bit seems to get ignored!!

Nurse Gladys - nice of you to pop in.  Did you run SNOD10 in the end?  My blisters may be legendary, but it's fame I'd rather do without!  Going to be doing a lot of experimenting over the next year or so until I've eliminated the problem.  I've got lots of long runs and challenges I want to do and that one issue is hampering progress.  I'm planning to do HP40 btw so see you there!

12/11/2010 at 19:27
nicola quinn 2 wrote (see)
DM ....i think it would be fairly easy for me to talk myself into the marlborough 33 ....i dont even seem to need any help  and as for Snod ......you know you want to   i mean who wouldnt

Lets do it ....  Marlborough that is... sounds like a reasonable distance to me.  I've sort of promised a friend I'd support him doing Great South Run which is the same weekend as Snod next year.... but his friendship isn't that important lol!

(((Brer))) What a bunch of assholes!!! My friend had his caravan nicked from a park too.... total tosspots!!! sorry...but it just makes me mad!

12/11/2010 at 19:28
12/11/2010 at 19:28
lol! forgot what that one did....
12/11/2010 at 19:56
DM .......my biggest worry is that i will get right and royally lost !!!!!  Im seriously not the best at map reading ......thinking i would definately need to find someone to run with 
12/11/2010 at 20:00
I'm hoping to be there, although I got a little astray myself when I did it last.  Somehow managed to get on the wrong side of the Wansdyke onto some dodgy terrain.  No date for it yet.
12/11/2010 at 20:16

DM - you always make me laugh, thank you

RWMS-you and me doing a May marathon then..almost wish I had gone for Stratford now, it's just I liked the look of Windermere one cos it has nice views of hills!! Don't know what it is like otherwise.

NQ-map reading, that is what puts me off the dark side too..at least on a road marathon you just keep following the tarmac and signs.

Hope all recovery runs going well, just done 12 miles in wind and rain but feel so much better for it, been a crap old week but tis over now-nobody died!!

12/11/2010 at 20:16
Thats that sorted then.....its a threesome
12/11/2010 at 20:17
Always happy to oblige BR
12/11/2010 at 20:43
Sounds like a plan .....compass is now going onto xmas list
12/11/2010 at 21:09

Yes, best to take one even if you don't know how to use it  lol

It may yet clash with something else I do in mid-May time which sadly doesn't involve threesomes.

12/11/2010 at 21:20

NQ2- get orienteering compass if you can. Oh, and don't follow T Rex whatever else you do Seriously though, map reading skills such as using tick off features are likely to be of more value to you than compass skills- unless you're planning on going over open country through thick clag....

7m for me tonight- the furthest I've been since Snod

Edited: 12/11/2010 at 21:23
161 to 180 of 3,779 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.