Snowdonia Marathon 2012

Camaraderie Rules :-D

3,661 to 3,680 of 4,563 messages
11/10/2012 at 14:43

T REX opps! forgot to congratulate you on your 5th place excellant stuff

FE7 looks like there is a few of us doing cardiff this weekend

11/10/2012 at 15:28

Wish they'd bring the full marathon back at Cardiff and I would be there like a shot.  The half has been particularly badly organised in the past, but hopefully not this year!

11/10/2012 at 19:04

T REX i agree done the full twice but it was a 8 am start way too early and up and down the duell carriage way weren't great either

11/10/2012 at 19:28
T Rex. Brilliant race report, fel arfer. Feel as if I was there x
Nutrition... Don't get me started! My Big Issue (apart from my pain in the butt). Perhaps if I get to same number of marathons as you, MM61, I'll get it right.
JD - fancy telling me to rest! .
11/10/2012 at 19:34
The organisation needs vast improvement on last year! However, with 18,000 people I'm expecting it to be a chaotic, early into pen will be the key! However, if the rain continues as it has been there will be a lot of soggy feet as the rds round by Roath park were ankle deep tonight. On a positive note running up the river that was penylan hill was good fun! Will keep an eye out for you MM61, may actually wear my orange arc vest that has my name on it as a lot of peeps are watching this year as half the department are running! Legs still heavy but looking forward to it.
11/10/2012 at 20:18

Hi all..big plans for this weekend then all?

In response to your enquiry as to my age TRex...my legs are 120 yrs old, my brain is 190 yrs old and subject to associated brain death..however my actual age is 46. However, good going my man, on your 5th place from the bog!!!

Nothing much to report, Conwy Half digs booked and carbo loading blueberry muffins just made. I'll send you all a virtual one whilst they are still warm..Nigella recommends splitting them in half and spreading them with lots of butter

11/10/2012 at 20:19
TRex - nope I don't believe the other stu's are me but to be honest who knows!

Brer - I like your attitude and agree wholeheartedly. Do it whilst you can cos no one knows what the future holds.

I'm having my biggest week of training this week in the SNOD campaign. 52 miles run since Sunday. Gonna rest tomorrow and then sneak in a 20 on Saturday morn which will make 72m for the week. Now Thats what I call a taper!
11/10/2012 at 20:29

evening all,

first run since Chester done, just a 4 mile recovery to see if things were all still operational, and suprisingly they are ... also with no notable things missing, so really quite encouraging. Although my feet still feel slightly bruised (I should have changed my trainers before Chester but didn't want to risk it... however have changed them now).

Weather seems to have taken a turn for the worse too as got absolutely drenched but I suppose its good for getting acclimatised for two weeks Saturday.

Thoughts have started turning to the day now and the logistics, and was wondering what the parking situation is like, is it easy to get parked nearby etc as will be driving over in the morning ?

11/10/2012 at 21:21

Snap, what a great age brer rabbit

11/10/2012 at 22:18

FR-are you still doing Leicester?

Ultra Disco Stu..my husband can hardly walk at times due to artheritis..long going and not running related (genetic thing)..I just take every opportunity to do things before things like that happen..so, we go team, as best we can and enjoy!

11/10/2012 at 22:30

A change of heart and good recovery from my injury woes mean I shall be running this years Snod after all .

So better start with the marathon training 

11/10/2012 at 22:45
CR lol I'm doing the same!!
Chrissi I would be honoured to run with you
Panad/Brer I'm torn between doing Conwy half on the Sunday or Penmaenmawr fell race on the Saturday :-P
T-Rex well done
FE7 thanks and yes really looking forward to it now and great to be back with all the other Snod loons

Everyone else hi!!!!
30 min cross trainer, 20 min rowing and 20 weights tonight
12/10/2012 at 09:28

Good luck TR .

If Rob Samuel can win it with not much training as he did last year then it's looking good for us .

The challenge of running it with not as much in the bank is getting me just as excited as last year when I had completed a good training programme .

12/10/2012 at 10:14

You must have been inspired by the words of Mr 108 CR!? I am sure you will enjoy it as much (if not more) without the pressure of how much training you did last time (how many times around the Great Orme did you run?). Rob is just sheer class - I was chatting to him in the 1st couple of km in last Sunday's 30k race (which he ran the day after easily winning the N Wales XC event!) -whilst he only beat Math Roberts (who finished 6th at Snowdonia last year) by less than 30s I am sure he had plenty in the tank!!

12/10/2012 at 11:19

woohoo, I have Wiggle packages! Now have I got time to break in new Elixir7s...? Jees they are a bit vibrant, and gravity defying 

Totally rubbish week, a recalcitrant anterior tib pain after my last Beacons 22er. Loosened up a little last night around the uni’s featherbed racetrack. But surrounded by elite student athletes I felt so Triassic, T Rex! More RICE and some better stretches today, hopefully an easy 6 miler (MegaFLATTY!) tonight hopefully, or I'll explode with frustration Might even manage a miserable 25 miles by Sunday, 10 short .

Wish I'd booked the Cardiff 1/2 now, might potter down from Radyr and gawp, see if my trotters will sustain a 15er.

Anyone staying at the Dol Peris for the SNOD? I'll be there sometime early Friday eve, via Cambridge . What could possibly go wrong...

12/10/2012 at 12:35

Hi All,

Good luck to all racing this weekend, Brer Don't be affended but I agree with some of the others you are bonkers.

I like the new training plan - just train for the last two weeks.

Looking forward to race day

12/10/2012 at 14:40

brer rabbit yes, I picked my number up earlier today.  Can't believe I'm getting excited over a potentially 'boring' road marathon.  3:59 is the race target

12/10/2012 at 15:11

lots going on here lately only been away a day loads to read

ffRAN your marathon total is every bit as good as mine your a tough cookie,shout out if you see me sunday

LAUDY i wont miss you in thatif i see you i will say hi

3 miles done unwinding readfy for sunday

12/10/2012 at 15:32

TR40 - would love to give penmaenmawr fell race a crack, but the whole of that weekend is out for me

Taking all my inspiration from you at the moment Brer, so keep going!  Life gets in the way of me doing much racing, but looking forward to 5yrs time when things should be a lot easier on that front, and although it seems a long way away now I'll only be 43 by then and at least I'll have a good 5-10yrs training behind me to enable me to do the mad sort of things that you do

12/10/2012 at 16:04

Just scanning here is inspirational...

Had a 17.5 cr@ppy hilly offroad miles with ITB screaming at me last Sunday... Mrs Lemmy loved it!!!

Had taken dogs to parkrun on the Saturday and I think they pulled it, all was fine in XC the previous Tuesday...

Been core training and stretching and will try a trot out in XC this weekend (plus a 10k road race Sunday)...

This is only 5th marathon and in last few weeks after all the training all the biggles come out. I think Mrd is panicking as she just feels in pain (muscles ache, knees sore), trying to reassure her this is normal, just end of training and it'll be alright on the night.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for your great stories...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.