Snowdonia Marathon 2012

Camaraderie Rules :-D

3,681 to 3,700 of 4,563 messages
12/10/2012 at 16:09

LEMMY you will be fine we are all in pain

12/10/2012 at 16:56

JB maybe your right must be the thought of being struck by a stair rod that has me getting excited .

Rob's a great runner and real nice guy wouldn't put it past him to win it again .

If I can manage under 4 it will be a miracle but I'll give it a go see how long I last before I end up quivering wreck . 

12/10/2012 at 17:39

I'm #3467 on Sunday (Leicester Marathon).  Will be wearing an Inov-8 racing rucksack, Nike Lunarglides on my feet and virtually clothed top to bottom in black (compression socks, shorts and t-shirt).

12/10/2012 at 19:09

FR all the best for sunday

12/10/2012 at 19:36

Thanks mm61 no pressure for me, just hope to pace a friend to sub-4, that will be a result worth celebrating

12/10/2012 at 19:58

Good luck FR for Sunday.

megalily - if you're serious about Cardiff half this weekend I have a spare number.  Hubby can't run.  Let me know if you want it.

Have a good weekend all.

12/10/2012 at 20:09

FE7 aire you doing it i will be there

12/10/2012 at 20:23

Yup I'm still running.  Need to find some energy from somewhere though or else it's gonna be a long 13 miles............in the rain by the looks of it. Lol.

Good Snowdon prep though I 'spose

12/10/2012 at 20:41

Oh Panad..you'll just be reaching your prime when you get to my age..ha ha, I'll be in the madhouse by then..they will have carried me away.

FR-don't have number yet. Am contemplating driving to Leicester tomorrow to pick it up as I reckon it will be chaos on Sunday morning. 2 hr round trip though. However, I will be proudly sporting my white Chester marathon top and blue baseball cap. I may have something else on too but it will be donned on a 5 ft pixie female. I'm aiming for a pw so I dont knacker Snod up..just a training run!!! We've heard that before TR40, haven't we? After Sunday, I am joining the 'no running in training for Snowdon' gang.

12/10/2012 at 20:53

Thanks FE7

brer rabbit I'm about 6'2'' so far too tall to run

13/10/2012 at 08:55
Mm61 good luck in Cardiff mate.training gone well last couple of Weeks think i'm even starting to look forward to snod 2wks to stay injury free.good luck to all will this be the last week for long runs or to soon to start taper
13/10/2012 at 12:32
Fiona, Mm61 and everyone else doing Cardiff very best of luck - catch you there! And massive good luck to FE and Brer at Leicester. Of course, same to everyone I might of missed with just a quick look at my phone.
Just ran 6 up over the mountain to the beach - glorious day and my legs felt really strong up the very steep parts, but tired at the end. All working fine running it seems but then I'm limping when walking ! Strange.
13/10/2012 at 13:23

P1 thanks mate still struggling on here snod should be interesting my longest run is a mere 14.30 miles,see you up there,not arranged any training with you as i'm not as quick as we last trained

ffRAN  i'm sure i will hear your abuse i mean cheer somewhere on the coarse weather looks good

13/10/2012 at 13:44
Good luck at Cardiff guys
13/10/2012 at 16:38
Yes all the best at Cardiff and Leceister people. Only advice is not to run it too hard. Just two weeks out now so not worth risky SNOD at this stage.

I've just completed my biggest week of training. A good 20 miler this morning on the same course I ran on Sunday... and 1 minute faster 2:27. 7:23 pace. And a negative split to boot. That makes 72 miles in 7 days so I'm gonna start backing off the mileage now but keep the intensity between now and destiny

And as for the weather I want perfect conditions! I don't buy into the thinking that constant rain makes for a particularly pleasant race. It would be nice to actually see Snowdon this year! Plus I don't want an excuse for not running a PB like the weather. What will be will be but bring me sunshine.... Da da da
13/10/2012 at 18:25

Nice wee jog for me tomorrow, Ultra Disco Stu.  Definitely not going to run hard at all.

13/10/2012 at 19:55

OMG, bit of a crisis in the Brer household, rampaging sickness last night caused by over-indulgence in effervescence vit tablets followed by multigrain toast-an explosive combination. Have felt drained today so am going to see how things are in the morning. May opt for the Half if it is possible to swap so will hopefully still be there FR.

Good luck to all tomorrow, look forward to reports

13/10/2012 at 20:11
Just shy of 14mile done today, cut slighty short due to a bit of a niggle in my foot that's been bothering me since last Sunday. Few days off are in order I think!!

Getting exciting now though! Less than 2 weeks to go
13/10/2012 at 20:12
Hope that's all it was Brer - we've got nasty sickness bug going round at school which I'm trying my hardest to steer clear of!
Hope you feel better in the morning.
13/10/2012 at 20:22

Berst of luck to the racers tomorrow- looking forward to reading the reports rather than writing them this weekend

UDS- nice running

JE- Better safe at this stage....

Brer- hope it's over quickly....

Evening all

I Managed 6.4m this evening and legs feeling better, although right hamstring is still stiff. Nice bit of internal bleeding visible at the bottom of right hamstring too- no doubt associated with my yelp of pain on the final "sprint" last weekend Last long run for me tomorrow, then it's taper 2 time!

Edited: 13/10/2012 at 20:23
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.