Snowdonia Marathon 2012

Camaraderie Rules :-D

3,721 to 3,740 of 4,563 messages
14/10/2012 at 18:11

Well done DH and FR on the races

Brer and ffRAN- get well soon....

MM61- well done on Cardiff half too

16.02 for me today in 2.11.55 (8.14 av).  Easy pace, but not effort Actually managed to dip under 8min miling in the last 2m- hamstrings still stiff, but getting better. Not about speed today anyway- just a reminder to my legs that they need to keep their endurance for a couple more weeks. Taper 2 time now

14/10/2012 at 19:51

It was distinctly chilly early doors, the car recorded zero on the way to Leicester, however it did get warmish around midday.

Well done everybody on their performances today

14/10/2012 at 20:03
Anyone know earliest registration for 2013? Did last year and was determined to do it this time but missed out
14/10/2012 at 20:06
Found myself today toying with the idea of not doing Snod and just concentrating on getting the recovery out of the way so I could work on improving my 10 k speed over the next few months.... Think I will be there, but won't be running two autumn maras next year. So either I won!t be here next year, or I!l be running it eyeballs out
14/10/2012 at 20:24

You'll be OK in a few days, jason.  Give yourself a break e.g. rest day (= not running)/cross training. Too late to change your plans now.  No more vacillating.

Mark B - I think entries open about New Year's Day and stay open a few months.

14/10/2012 at 20:35

Hey all you racers, fab times..sorry I didnt meet you after all FR, 5: 30 am and brain had to engage. Always weigh myself before and after a marathon so I can calculate fluid needed for recovery. Nearly died of shock at how much I'd lost during sickness so... MM61-since when was that a shocking time for a Half? I'd feel like I'd died and gone to heaven.

Jason..you would miss us

Mark..entries opened about 11;30 pm on New Year's Eve I think..I seem to remember entering something then through a blurry haze

You ok TRex?

14/10/2012 at 21:01
Cheers, was gutted this year, in 2011 didn t enter until nearly may
14/10/2012 at 23:58

brer - fine, thanks.

Just entering a new local event on 4 Nov called the Bryn and Bog 20K - a seriously muddy cross country on local public footpaths and tracks.  I know all the paths the race is going to use from the days when I used to do a lot of walking in my local countryside and I think there are going to be issues with the route!!  I happen to know one stretch of PF is always blocked by the landowner with stiles removed, brushwood or even barbed wire (which I have been known to cut) placed blocking the path.  In another stretch there is a path which just fails to come out on the road due to an impenetrable thicket of brambles and nettles.  I did pass that way once out on a run and nearly died of a thousand stings and scratches.  And in another  place I know the public right of way does not continue through a farm like the route seems to think it it does.  Perhaps the farmer has given special permission for the race! Or perhaps not!!

In other words, even in an event as short as 20K look out for an interesting report.

15/10/2012 at 00:00

I hope even my race previews are inspiring.

15/10/2012 at 08:44

Hi one and all have had pc issues last week so no posting from me.....well more than issues my pc died.....  Hard drive and operating system saved however so when i fired up to new machine it was like having my baby back 

Just wanted to say great running going on

JD well done on your Chester time ...Fantastic going I saw your splits on fetch ....flippen heck thats going some 

Brer.....Chuffed for you and well done on your PB .....hmmm I seem to remember saying we would be running at a simialr time in Snod ....i think so now   Sensible decision on the pull of out this weekend ....very wise move and Snod just around the corner now

Well done one and all in tthe Caridff half ....fab running conditions....brrr a bit chilly on the start but I wouldnt mind it being like that in two weeks 

Great time MM61......I wouldnt be too harsh on yourself ...that is still a fab time and bodes well for the marathon 

Last long run of 16 miles for me yesterday......flippin nippy the whole way and am thinking my new addition of arm warmers to my running kit are going to be well used this winter.....  Feeling a bit tired these days so am looking forward to a bit of taper time now and I will not be suffering from taper madness .....i need a rest 

Have managed to sucumb to the lurgy that is doing the rounds...bloody colds...always five weeks after the kids go back to school or is it just always two weeks before Snod......anyway hopefully enough time for it to clear up in time for the big day

T-Rex that race sounds like its going to be an adventure 

Happy running one and all ....today is a rest day 

Edited: 15/10/2012 at 08:46
15/10/2012 at 09:03

Also nearly forgot, signed up for the Highland Fling before driving to Leicester yesterday, so in 2013, I'm hoping to complete:

March - Hardmoors 55

April - Highland Fling (53 miles along the West Highland Way from Milngavie to Tyndrum)

July - Lakeland 100

15/10/2012 at 10:55

Hello all,

Not many more doors to open on the SNOD 2012 advent calender now .

Congrats to those at Leicester and Cardiff this weekend. Must admit to missing the chance to do Leicester this year but trying to stay focused on SNOD and resist the siren call of all the other October marathons.

Also well done to everyone racing and collecting PBs over recent months - some fantastic performances and, no doubt, more to come on the 27th.

Great to see people rejoining the fray from TR's not running list.

Let the taper madness begin....

15/10/2012 at 12:14

Everyone keep safe, warm & well... I had cold last week, Mrs Lemmy coming down with something, feeling ill today, didn't enjoy wine or chocolate last night (!!!?!!?!!?) so told her to not do TOO MUCH - they never listen do they?

Saturday did XC in Trent Park pushed it a bit but pleased with result, finished with the usual suspects anmd made Tyrene from Eton Manor push it in the final straight so she puked in the finish chute!!!

Sunday Brentwood 10k road race (postponed rfom July) ITB felt a lot better, no horrid slippy mud, just lovely tarmac. I was 1st for my club, it's in our Grand Prix so I got max points; I should get the M40 title & Mrs Lemmy will get the F45 title!! Brentwood 10k has a mile long hill AND a half mile hill so great training for Snowdonia; it's the best we can do in Essex...

Remaining days planned...

Tue - 6

Thu - 5

Sat - Valentines parkrun

Sun - Wix 5

Tue - 4

Thu - 3

Fri - Travel up & get numbers...

Sat - SNOWDONIA MARATHON!!!!

15/10/2012 at 14:53

As always, I'm worn out by everyone's running exploits. I started my taper early due to left leg issues. Seems to be getting better with some TLC. Hope to test it out this week. Good or bad, I'll be getting around the mountain one way or another.

Yankee question: I'll arriving in Wales on the 23rd from Dublin. I thought of staying in Bangor or Caernarfon before moving on to Llanberis on the 25th. Any suggestions?

Taper with gusto, y'all!

15/10/2012 at 15:47

Firstly - to all those not feeling great - hope you get better soon. 

Fantastic results at Cardiff people.  Times I can only dream of.  I finished in 1.55.  Not a PB - by seconds - but not too bad.  Bit chilly on the start line and the roads were a bit crowded on times.  Infact mile 1 was one of my slowest splits.  Route was so much better though.  Calves a bit tight today so will be stretching lots this week and having a few days off from running.  Convinced I've got a cold or something brewing ............ or is that a bit of taper madness kicking in.

Take care all x

15/10/2012 at 16:23

LAUDY well done yesterday,just like you mile 2ish and mile 6ish 2 pee stops i was numb standing in the sheep pen aswell

FE7 well done to you aswell yes it was a bit caohtic 1st 3 miles

NQ2 i had to much going on with the hammy late on to give it my best

BRER i felt  i was going to die and move to heaven

15/10/2012 at 17:14
Hi all. Feel better and went to work so out to play tonight. Going to the speed session run by PTHs tonight but not to work too hard, mainly to congratulate those who completed their first half yesterday.
Hope you're ok, Brer.
Hope everyone's legs, calves and hamstrings are healing and recovering.
JD you have to be there ?
Edited: 15/10/2012 at 17:20
15/10/2012 at 18:03

ffRAN i think speed work is on a tuesday nightunless you mean the new run for all club

15/10/2012 at 18:14

Pete, SD, regular forumite is staying at The Black Boy Inn in Caernarfon. I've never stayed there but can certainly vouch for their food and hospitality.Maybe others on here may have better suggestions.Can you bring us a bit of heat over with you please?

Fenland Runner-how are the legs?? MM61, I nearly spat my coffee over my keyboard at your posting. Was it cos it hurt or because you were @issed off?

Hey Nicky, wondered where you were.Taper joy then. Hope you are well matey.

ffRan, had a day off today (due to owed time not illness) and mindful of need for one last effort before Yr Wydffa calls us. So, set off tentatively as a)first run since Chester b) illness rubbish. Trotted gently to complete 19 miles in 3hrs 12 mins....ok MM61..now you can laugh!. But at least I didnt keel over, bust my leg, get bitten or any other disasters which could have happened at this stage.  Hope your jaunt goes well tonight Lazy Greyhound..like the advent calendar! Lemmy, very organised buddy!

15/10/2012 at 18:36

BRER  i would not dream of laughingit only hurt in the last 3 miles,but i'm never happy, i stayed in the black boy i can reccomend it,the only thing i'm 5ft 6" and i had to bend over in bed room very low ceiling unless you stood in the middle,but would stay there again the yr i stayed there was for the anglesea marathon

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.