Snowdonia Marathon 2012

Camaraderie Rules :-D

4,461 to 4,480 of 4,563 messages
29/10/2012 at 10:26
Sorry trex but I can't go back and revisit NDW100. I've just about put it behind me
!! Essentially though I missed the cut off at 90 miles because I waited at the cricket club aid station for an hour to get warm and wait for a friend. This is where you would have passed me. Shame you didnt spot me or me spot you as that would have made all the difference. I also did zero running in the 6 weeks leading up to the race (intentionally as an experiment) were two reasons why. Sure there were other contributing factors too. But hey I'm on a high from SNOD so don't get me down!! Real shame you couldn't come this year David. I hope mrs trex makes a full recovery.
29/10/2012 at 10:29
Hi all..John Bach..saw you on tv!! Great coverage again..I always find watching it abut surreal as if I wasn't really there!! Well done Chrissi-dead chuffed for you. SD of course you will be there has anyone got my quads? can I have them back please. Major doms today so the trot around the Orme is now a slow walk!! SS am in the area for rest of week so make sure you have that kettle on.will pop in and see you!! Where's NQ?
29/10/2012 at 11:32

Im hereeeeeee 

29/10/2012 at 11:43

Brer - I'm sure I will be   I know where I went wrong, what I need to do to sort things out and, hopefully, next year will be better!    We live and learn!   (Also, very much enjoyed staying over at the Black Boy Inn, so got to go there again!!).

JB - Absolutely amazing and inspiring result   Hadn't picked up on your finish time until just now.  Just brilliant!   

Has anyone started next year's thread yet?

29/10/2012 at 12:14

caught a glimpse of myself on telly - I wont grow out of the, "Wow, look everyone, I'm on telly!" thing

29/10/2012 at 12:17

morning hows everyones aches pains and smiles today

29/10/2012 at 12:40

If any one wants my quads they can have them ow ow ow but i do still have a stupid grin on my face it's going to take a while for that to fade.

Can't believe they didn't put my triumphant finish on the telly though i did see JD,JB and Laudy on there.  No finish pic's of me either yet i definately remember one being taken just across the line - luckily Mr C managed to get one just before the line thats ok and Alister got me on the way down the hill which is ok except i've got my eyes closed

TR40 - gutted not to of seen you and but i understand why i didn't now after seeing your fantastic time

SD sorry you didn't have a good day

29/10/2012 at 12:43

Sorry so rude of me not to thank all the people who've said well done to me - don't know where my head is still out running around a mountain i think

29/10/2012 at 13:18

Hi All.

What a fantastic weekend up in North Wales.  Really enjoyed - met up with a few guys who I originally met in Edinburgh marathon 2010.

Wow to weather and hence the views were to die for.  Infact it was only because the weather was so good that I didn't chuck the towel in at 13 miles.  Felt rubbish from about 10 miles.  Knew my prep wasn't good enough to cope with such a tough course.  That combined with lack of sleep the night before, breakfast too early and then the AM on the loo left me very weak very quickly.  totally stressed myself out beforehand.  Took loads of gels to try and combat the lack of energy and it turned into a game of survival.  Several times I fought with myself just to keep going.  Finished in 4.58 officially but lost about 5 mins on a comfort break in a pub enroute - somewhere.....?

On reflection I am disappointed with my time but just glad to have finished.  First time ever I have crossed the line and blubbed.   Bit of muscle ache today but not too bad so guess I couldn't have worked hard enough.

Unfortunately - or fortunately - i definitely feel like I have unfinished business with this mountain.

Well done to all of you - some truely amazing performances and times.  And Chrissi - after your disappointment of last year - I am so, so pleased for you.  don't know you personally but you should be so proud of yourself.  Awesome.

29/10/2012 at 13:58

Well done all on some fantastic times - JB brilliant run!! Laudy & Panad you must have overtaken me on the last hill as you both finished just ahead of me.  Sorry you weren't there camping as usual T-Rex - best wishes to Mrs T-Rex. 

I think I went out too fast as I got to halfway 3 mins faster than ever before, and just got slower and slower through the second half, finally cramping up on the last hill before having to summon a sprint downhill running like a troll (couldn't straighten my legs as my calves felt like golf balls about to explode) down the high street to finish 41s faster than last year - but crucially 18s under my predicted 3:50 finish!!  

Will have to try for sub 3:49 next year as I can;t seem to improve my time by more than about 45 seconds a year....

A fellow runner offered me his salty nuts as I was stationary with my legs cramped up just before mile 24 on the last hill - I declined, but nearly cramped a whole different set of muscles laughing at whether he had meant to say it like that....

29/10/2012 at 14:10
SD - Mr Rex sorted us out with the new thread...we're over here:
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/events/snowdonia-marathon-2013/230126.html

Well done Chrissi,fiona,run jono and anyone else who's posted their times/reports since I last congratulated people,some fantastic efforts being put in

Lol at the nuts Run jono
29/10/2012 at 14:50

Six mile recovery run at just sub-9 minute/mile pace, everything still works

Three photos I took on the way round:

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/274787/gallery/hills.jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/274787/gallery/hills2.jpg?width=350

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/274787/gallery/yr_aran.jpg?width=350

29/10/2012 at 16:59
Wow,stunning pics FR.....tried a practise run across Llandudno Asda car park and quads not having it, the buggars are having' tomorrow though
Great to read more reports...everyone should be proud of themselves regardless of time x
29/10/2012 at 17:06
It was tremendous weekend. So amazed at everyone's stories. It was great to see familiar faces on TV last night.
To shake out my legs, I walked from Betws-Y-Coed to Dolwyddelan castle. Beautiful day! Boy was the mud deep. Enough, took the bus back. Tomorrow will move on to Dolgellau for a few days. Hope everyone is recovering well.
29/10/2012 at 18:11

BRER no rush i'm taking the week outyou atleast earnt that much

29/10/2012 at 18:13
I made it up to the summit and back today, it had to be done and the legs felt pretty good! Was glad to get to the bottom again not sure how much more steep down my knees would have held out for!!!

So glad we didn't have yesterday's weather for the race!!!
29/10/2012 at 18:28
Hey mm61....we made it after all
29/10/2012 at 19:49
4 .15m nice and slow for me tonight, just to get the legs loosened for stretching. Downhills are an issue at the moment.....
29/10/2012 at 19:54
Hi all, just wanted to pop back on and say a big thank you for the last minute tips when I posted last week. I absolutely loved the race and despite not having a clue what I was launching into, I thought it was such a beautiful route that it kind of took the pain of those hills away en route!!
29/10/2012 at 20:12

BRER  i hope you well chuffed with your time you should behow did your injury hold out mine only troubled me from around waunfawr to end,overall i loved it

JD take a rest mate

4,461 to 4,480 of 4,563 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.