Snowdonia marathon 2013

Camaraderie rules

741 to 760 of 2,406 messages
01/02/2013 at 20:40
Evening gang.

Panad I have complete faith in you matey
JD some mileage that and some inventive runs.
Brer 240!! Never been close to that!

140 miles for January here, running well at moment
01/02/2013 at 20:40
T Rex wrote (see)
What are you doing in Langdale, OH?

Just planning doing the half  (for the 3rd time)

01/02/2013 at 21:08

Hiya TR 40, I'm not entirely sure how the hell I managed it TBH..lots of snow running. I am in for Abingdon marathon for a last ditch attempt at sub 3:30 before my little body says " you're 47 this is getting too much! However..Snod a week later..so that will be a jolly jaunt instead of time targets now. Mr Rex..are you still doing Abingdon?

01/02/2013 at 22:35

evening all!

well first thing to report is I love my skins! wore them after a fast interval session and then slept in them last night after some heavy weights/leg session. NO DOMS!!

Jason/Brer, thats some impressive mileage. Great running. I'm no where near your league, but I'm very happy to have broken the100miles this month and feeling good.

Looking forward to parkrun tomorrow, sun is forecast!

02/02/2013 at 08:55
14miles done&dusted bit chilly out there, and icy in places.
took it easy, but legs felt good so there's hope for me yet

Off to football now with the eldest before settling down for the rugby this afternoon...
02/02/2013 at 18:19

Why is it always agonising watching Wales?

02/02/2013 at 18:30
Because they can't catch and tend not to wake up until the second half?
02/02/2013 at 18:42

Enjoyed parkrun this morning, got myself a new PB, I was inspired by the runner in front of me who was pushing a buggy! I was determined not to let him get away!!

02/02/2013 at 19:48
Yay! Well done jenf
02/02/2013 at 20:28

I can't bear to watch any longer, all through my childhood I watched the greats..JPR et al with a bottle of shandy and packet of crisps in hand..what an era! We lived in a very English village and were immigrants from God's country, we relished it when we thrashed the English..sorry, dont mean to offend anyone! I'm sure we are going to get a real ass-kicking from England when they meet.

Well, a steady 20 miles for me today..no drama, no ice, no snow and it only took 3 and a bit hours.

Well done jenf on PB, never been to a Parkrun so don't know what it involves.

02/02/2013 at 21:23
Brer I have the opposite experience in that I'm 'English' watching in Wales! (prefer to think of myself as British or honorary Welsh having lived here majority of my life now) Though in my defence I never really supported England before moving to Wales, and most definitely haven't since
02/02/2013 at 21:32
Panad - also "English" but have lived in Scotland longer than anywhere else. I no longer identify with England - even today when we (Scotland) got hammered by England.
03/02/2013 at 08:54

lol - most of my family are Scottish, my Dad was Blackpool born and bred, I was born in New Zealand and I'm a Welsh speaker who has lived most of his life in Wales!! That said I think rugby is a stupid game, although I love the atmosphere at rugby internationals - so much better and friendlier than at football internationals

03/02/2013 at 13:03
jenf wrote (see)

I'm very happy to have broken the100miles this month and feeling good.

THANK GOD, I was beginning to thin that everyone else on this thread was knocking off my monthly milage every 3-4 days!

I'm building myself up for a 1/2 Marathon in March (Brentwood) and then the Halstead Marathon in May, it's the first time I've introduced speedwork into my training rather than just building up the distance and so far so good.

03/02/2013 at 16:39

Hi all

Yep poor show from the Welsh boys Welsh born and bred yet put to shame by panad and JB who both speak fluent welsh to my broken!!

18 hilly miles today 8:03 av pace, not sure how I managed that!! Seem to be getting quicker lately must be doing something right

03/02/2013 at 16:59

Yorkshire born and bred - nothing more to say (what's rugby union, anyway? ).

Charnwood Hills Race today - 14 miles of mud, hills, trails and hilarity   I'm sure these races are harder for us slow runners - the mud's much muddier for starters!  Fell flat on my face in front of some bemused dog walkers, skidded around like someone from Dancing on Ice and generally had a great time .... still running out when the front runners were coming in, but hey, someone's got to come in at the back   Brer - you'd love this race ... check it out at Bowline Climbing Club .

03/02/2013 at 17:44

TR40..I only lived in Wales until I was 6 months old but still speak Welsh fluently..all be it with a Midlands accent Good going today boyo!

SD, that does indeed sound fab..will defo look out for it next year. Me, just a boring, uneventful 10 miles in murky weather.

Everyone else trotting along nicely now then as the weather is a bit kinder.

03/02/2013 at 18:15

Kandinsky, I'm doing a half early march too and have been trying to work on speed... but I'm finding it tough. I reckon I don't have any fast twitch muscles

brer rabbit wrote (s

Everyone else trotting along nicely now then as the weather is a bit kinder.

Haha, I was actually dancing along today for 12 miles to some really cheesie rock songs!!

03/02/2013 at 18:27
Jenf lol have a few cheesie rock songs on my playlist!!
03/02/2013 at 18:56

2 shoddy training weeks at the end of Jan (ice & snow and then snowed under at work) left me with a first monthly mileage of 110.  Not great but to be honest I will never get up to the epic numbers some others on here do, reckon 180 a month would be my limit!

Despite having an awful LSR today of 19.5 miles (avg pace 8.30, had nothing left and everything hurt at some point) things had been going well, new 8 mile PB (avg pace 6.50m/m) and parkrun couse PB yesterday.  Hoping this year might be the year I get the sub 3.15  time I have been hankering after for the last couple of years at VLM.  However, I have now entered the Loch Ness Marathon at the end of Sept as a backup plan!  So will wait and see how the limbs cope with 4 marathons in 2013.

Great running as usual on here guys, happy training this week

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.