Snowdonia marathon 2013

Camaraderie rules

981 to 1,000 of 2,406 messages
22/03/2013 at 21:24
Brer sounded fun in the snow that one !!
T-Rex hope it all goes well.
Will have to hit some of my local trails in the morning
22/03/2013 at 23:56

They've reduced the route to a two-lap, lower, "safe" route of only 39K .  It'll mean I've got to cram in another marathon somewhere.

Conditions in the Black Mountains are apparently very poor.

23/03/2013 at 08:03

Back at home.  Can't make it to the HQ from any direction.  Seemingly no-one can from Pontypool, Merthyr, or Leominster.  Only the happy campers who got there last night will have any chance of running.  Should have done that myself ...

23/03/2013 at 08:04

brer - it's a Might Contain Nuts event.

23/03/2013 at 12:18

T Rex- Hate to say this, but I am GLAD that you can't make it!!!!! Running carrying the injuries you've got is only asking for trouble, mate....

And possibly for anyone who had to come and get you!!!! 

Rest up and RECOVER properly

23/03/2013 at 12:32

That was going to be a RECOVERY run ...

23/03/2013 at 12:42

Bad luck everyone whose events have been cancelled this weekend our clubs fell race has been cancelled too

running going well up to now but left knee has been giving me some alarming twinges the last couple of days which i'm not impressed with - may use the excuse of the weather to rest it this weekend  and hopefully all will be ok

23/03/2013 at 13:35
San Domenico 20 cancelled tomorrow- in case anyone planning on running it. Also FoD Half
My 10k is still on so far....
23/03/2013 at 18:11

Sorry for all those whose races cancelled this weekend, really frustrating!

In my quest for speed I knocked a few more secs off my 5k time at parkrun  no snow, but V cold/windy/muddy! I'm SO going to smash my PB in a flat 5k!

23/03/2013 at 18:20

It wasnt meant to be Trex, it was a sign. Snow even heavier here today so have had mad lash across the fields with mad dog, feel like I've been steamrollered now! Hope knee better soon Chrissi, well done Jenf and good luck for tomorrow JD, it must be about the only event still on tomorrow!

23/03/2013 at 19:20

TRex - I reckon someone up there is looking out for you 

23/03/2013 at 20:16

Did it 22 years ago in 2:48 must make a comeback Rob.. loved it

24/03/2013 at 13:51

Brer I can't believe you are doing the thunder run 24 solo!!!  respect.

T rex, hope you are listening to all the good advice to rest...

JD hope you did a great 10k.

I did the Llanelli 5miler today in my speed plan. I was really pleased to finish sub 42mins ( that's really fast for me!!) My competitive streak came out for the first time today aswell. At the turnaround I realised I was in 4th woman position. I finished in 3rd  

24/03/2013 at 14:16

Yeh Jenf..good one girl! 10 miles on a dreadmill plus Spin for me...the wind here is a killer

24/03/2013 at 14:45

Fortunately the Brentwood Half Marathon went ahead this morning, reminding me tht there  are some (admittedly small) advantages to living in a county where a footbridge provides the best opportunity for some hill training!

Although a little chilly, conditions on the whole were good for my second attempt at the distance and I came home with a 1:42:45 smashing my previous PB by almost 9 minutes

Needless to say I'm one very happy bunny!

Hope everyone else has managed to fit in some grand training runs.

24/03/2013 at 14:47
Jenf- hey, great news! Did you get a trophy for 3rd!
Brer- well done on the dreadie

Crazy wind at Atlantic College 10k today!!! Compared notes with yesterday's Llyn Llech Owain PR winner, John, and both of us had splits on this 'fast' tarmac 10k which were the same as our times on the trail Parkrun course ( not this week's in my case! Lol! )!
Weirdest part was running downhill in last few km and struggling to get any pace cos of wind! Never known running downhill feel like uphill.....Wind almost tripped me up at one point as one leg got blown into the other- nuts!
Oh, and not forgetting- I wasn't good enough either.... Only just managed sub 40!
24/03/2013 at 15:28
Kandinsky- awesome PB! Well done!
24/03/2013 at 17:11

Well done Kandinsky! you really smashed it!

JD, races like that are mentally strength building!! well that's what everyone tells me anyway! I didn't get a trophy for 3rd place...but just realised if 1 and 2 were younger than me I may have got my age group medal!

24/03/2013 at 17:37

Cheers all, really pleased as SNOD has always been my A race this year and I was beginning to wonder if my sub 4hr goal was realistic!

JD - I suspect your running uphill probably feels like my running downhill (with a talwind to boot)

Sorry Jenf, in my excitement I missed your result, great work!

24/03/2013 at 21:57

Hey, another result for Team Snod..well done on pb Kandisnky

JD..bet your 10k time was much faster than mine on dreadmill..so hate it, but needs must!

981 to 1,000 of 2,406 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.